Of loss and gain

An Internet sensation is the dating video of Satan and 2020. A perfect match. Nobody saw this coming back in the halcyon days of late twenty nineteen. We had no idea how long and deeply we’d be tested.

The last time there was a global pandemic of this extent was a century ago. The last time financial markets crashed 30% and recovered just as fast was never. Sickness has not enveloped the globe this way before. And at no time in history was a potential cure found so quickly. This year the world’s economy ground to a halt. Millions lost their jobs. Trillions was spent trying to fix it. Too many died, despite it all.

The year brought division, stress, social unrest, conspiracy nuts and political polarization to a new zenith. An election which seemed to never end. States of emergency in every province. Lockdowns, quarantines, stay-at-home orders, isolations. And masks. Did you ever imagine last Christmas we would look like this? Or, in fact, we’d not have a Christmas? I see a local church delivered little plastic bags of communion wafers to believers this week so they can share communion online later today. By Zoom. Seriously.

Physical, social distancing is not what humans are used to. Working from home. Jumping off the sidewalk. Following the floor arrows. Lining up at the liquor store six feet apart. Next week two-thirds of the nation will be shut in. Winter is bad enough. This is cruel. Satanic.

But it will get better. We all know that. There is hope now, as the solstice passes and the light filters through. Pandemics pass. The masks will eventually fall. We’ll embrace again.

The year from Hell. Its profound losses, irreversible, will not soon fade. So much gone.

Let’s resolve to move ahead, more chastened, less angry, thankful for any normalcy that returns, accepting with grace what we cannot change. It’s still a good world.

Merry Christmas.

About the picture: Bandit, Noel 2017.

#1 JRH on 12.24.20 at 12:28 pm

Merry Christmas !

#2 Donald MacLeod on 12.24.20 at 12:28 pm

Merry Christmas Garth!!!

#3 yvr_lurker on 12.24.20 at 12:31 pm

Merry Christmas and thank you Garth…

#4 DM in C on 12.24.20 at 12:32 pm

Merry Christmas, Garth to you and Dorothy. Stay safe and we hope you’re healthy and happy.

#5 CHRISTMAS IS CANCELLED! on 12.24.20 at 12:33 pm

By order of the Premier.

Happy 2022, small businesses. If you make it there.

#6 Flop... on 12.24.20 at 12:42 pm

After putting up a popular Australian song this time of year yesterday, out of curiosity I decided to see where it was in the top ten, it came in at 2 or 3 on most lists.

This song, a song that seems to capture Xmas sentiment for non-believers came in at number one.

I don’t celebrate Xmas personally, but am always happy to see those around me upbeat about spending some time with family and having a good meal.

I use this time of year to celebrate the closing of a year and spend time with my wife.

Garth might want to take a trimmer to the lyrics, but I guess to understand the sentiment you have to read the words and then click on the link to listen to the song.

Merry Christmas…

White Wine In The Sun, by Tim Minchin.

I really like Christmas
It’s sentimental, I know, but I just really like it
I am hardly religious
I’d rather break bread with Dawkins than Desmond Tutu, to be honest

And yes, I have all of the usual objections to consumerism
The commercialisation of an ancient religion
And the westernisation of a dead Palestinian
Press-ganged into selling Playstations and beer

But I still really like it
I’m looking forward to Christmas
Though I’m not expecting a visit from Jesus

I’ll be seeing my dad
My brother and sisters, my gran and my mum
They’ll be drinking white wine in the sun
I’ll be seeing my dad
My sisters and brother, my gran and my mum
They’ll be drinking white wine in the sun

I don’t go for ancient wisdom
I don’t believe just ‘cos ideas are tenacious it means they are worthy
I get freaked out by churches
Some of the hymns that they sing have nice chords but the lyrics are dodgy

And yes I have all of the usual objections to the miseducation
Of children who in tax-exempt institutions are taught to externalise blame
And to feel ashamed and to judge things as plain right and wrong

But I quite like the songs
I’m not expecting great presents
The old combination of socks, jocks and chocolate’s is just fine by me

Cos I’ll be seeing my dad
My brother and sisters, my gran and my mum
They’ll be drinking white wine in the sun
I’ll be seeing my dad
My sisters and brother, my gran and my mum
They’ll be drinking white wine in the sun

And you, my baby girl
My jetlagged infant daughter
You’ll be handed round the room
Like a puppy at a primary school
And you won’t understand
But you will learn yourself one day
That wherever you are and whatever you face
These are the people who’ll make you feel safe in this world

My sweet blue-eyed girl
And if, my baby girl
When you’re twenty-one or thirty-one
And Christmas comes around
And you find yourself nine thousand miles from home
You’ll know what ever comes
Your brother and sister and me and your mum
Will be waiting for you in the sun

When Christmas comes
Your brothers and sisters, your aunts and your uncles
Your grandparents, cousins and me and your mum
We’ll be waiting for you in the sun
Drinking white wine in the sun
Darling whenever you come
We’ll be waiting for you in the sun
Drinking white wine in the sun
Waiting for you in the sun
Darling, when Christmas comes
We’ll be waiting for you in the sun
Waiting

I, I really like Christmas
It’s sentimental, I know.

#7 Prince Polo on 12.24.20 at 12:48 pm

Let’s all try to open our hearts even more this year! If anybody needs a reminder, any movie iteration of Dickens’ A Christmas Carol is a great primer. Merry Christmas to all.

#8 BlogDog123 on 12.24.20 at 12:59 pm

A happy Christmas to all the blog-dogs out there…
And to all a good night!

#9 Jimmy on 12.24.20 at 12:59 pm

Merry Christmas!

#10 Tommy on 12.24.20 at 1:01 pm

I’ve just been shadowbanned from Rebel News’s YouTube channel. None of my comments appear to anyone besides myself. I am pretty sure Rebel News did that, not YouTube, because I still have some measure of free speech elsewhere on YouTube.

I am censored widely across the internet so it’s very serious when another platform shadowbans me as there are not many places I can post commentary online as it is. I am blacklisted from both Reddit and Zerohedge and censored on both Twitter and Parler. Note that the censorship I experience is not partisan. My commentary is censored on BOTH right and left-leaning platforms. When my comments do get through, I am inevitably called a Nazi (by leftwing audiences) or a Communist (by rightwing audiences). But I can’t be both a Nazi and a Communist. I think I’m a classical liberal given how much I cherish free speech, which is a classical liberal value.

My Christmas wish is to have my free speech online restored. I don’t care which platform or blog or social media site it is, but I really think there needs to be some place online where the principle of free speech is put on a pedestal and respected.

Now I’m watching you. – Garth

#11 Sail Away on 12.24.20 at 1:01 pm

Speaking of gain… the pack and I have gained a new sport: bikejoring!

It’s fantastic: harness a dog or two, connect the bungy to the bike and bombs away all around town and on the trails. Great fun. Just have to be careful about rabbits, squirrels and deer, so midday works best during training.

Look at that- it’s midday now.

#12 Sherri on 12.24.20 at 1:07 pm

Merry Christmas! Thank you

#13 Skif on 12.24.20 at 1:09 pm

#10 – Tommy

You have free speech. Spin up your own web server or blog and you can host anything you’d like. There are plenty of hosts who don’t care what you post. Or host your own hosting. Forcing someone else to host your speech is infringing on their free speech, so do it yourself.

Now if anyone would care to read your messages is a different question.

Merry Christmas all!

#14 Overheardyou on 12.24.20 at 1:10 pm

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones Hon. Mr. Turner!

#15 Faron on 12.24.20 at 1:13 pm

#100 Nonplused on 12.24.20 at 2:24 am

(Note how I did not say “blown” since I am sure that would have set Farts and Faron into fits of hysterical laughter.)

What’s a snow blowner?

Kudos for not reprising your wife joke, but maybe it’s time to stop reminding us how “it’s not the big one” that you hold onto in the morning.

Merry Christmas all! Even you Nonplused.

#16 WIN not Lose on 12.24.20 at 1:16 pm

Thanks for the memories Bandit.
Garth, may your Christmas season be blessed and your 2021 be healthy and prosperous. Best wishes to Dorothy.

#17 NSNG on 12.24.20 at 1:17 pm

Merry Christmas!

Thanks for all you do, Garth.

…even if you do delete my best posts.

#18 Citizen in Kelowna on 12.24.20 at 1:18 pm

Merry Christmas! Light has come into the darkness! Jesus came, the Light of the World!

#19 Dogman01 on 12.24.20 at 1:19 pm

#99 Keeper of Traken on 12.24.20 at 2:06 am

Good Article https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-16/fifty-years-of-tax-cuts-for-rich-didn-t-trickle-down-study-says
———————————————

Galen Weston succeeds father

Meritocracy – well that was a complete and utter lie

Plutocracy – been here for a long time

Aristocracy – our future

There is a point of wealth where is no longer money, it becomes power.

#20 uncle dave on 12.24.20 at 1:20 pm

Merry xmas to you and yours, this pathetic blog has been the voice of reason and hope all through these trying times. Thank you

#21 Tommy on 12.24.20 at 1:22 pm

Garth said: “Now I am watching you.”

Go ahead and watch me. I am not doing anything wrong. Left and Right both relentlessly for years have tried to shame me about my accomplishments. But I refuse to be ashamed. In fact, I am proud of all my accomplishments. I am the first person in my family to go to university and I have a master’s degree and I am proud of that, even though the rest of society looks down at my accomplishments. I have an indomitable will and I will never ever be silenced. Every time they come up with a new censorship method, I come up with a new way around it. I’ve gotten really good at it. So the censorship is ultimately futile. It just slows me down but it will never stop me.

#22 Ian from Oshawa on 12.24.20 at 1:22 pm

Had to take a moment to thank you for your Blog. Not only is it the best reading I do in my day, you’ve actually taken the time to address real questions that I have personally posed to you. You’ll never know how much I enjoyed and appreciated that.

I wish you and all your loved ones a safe, happy, and memorable holiday season.

Your fan,

Ian from Oshawa

#23 Blog Bunny on 12.24.20 at 1:22 pm

#10 Tommy

The Nazis were left-wing socialists, the National German Socialist Workers’ Party. So yes, you can be both a communist and a Nazi. They are not that far apart. And both regimes killed millions and brought untold suffering.

Merry Christmas to all!

#24 Faron on 12.24.20 at 1:23 pm

#10 Tommy on 12.24.20 at 1:01 pm

But I can’t be both a Nazi and a Communist

They said something similar about turkeys, ducks and chickens. And then the turducken came to be.

You sound like a real gem.

#25 Bill on 12.24.20 at 1:25 pm

#10 Tommy on 12.24.20 at 1:01 pm
——————
Too much free time on ones hands is a dangerous thing.
Get a life maybe? Its fun out here in the real world.
Scocial media oppinions are like throwing your tea in the harbour.
Merry Chistmas to all.

#26 Dolce Vita on 12.24.20 at 1:27 pm

Buon Natale Garth.

A good days end with your Blog tonight.

Also a good day for Canada, Oct GDP up slightly from Sept.

A good day for Europe with a Brexit agreement.

…and Lufthansa airlifts food to the UK. Oh well you can’t win them all.

———————–

Damn S. L. Pathogen. #15 in all time epidemics in terms of death toll. Rubbing shoulders with the Plague, Pox and Influenza.

Who would have thought?

#27 Tommy on 12.24.20 at 1:30 pm

@skif #13

If it were only that easy. I do have blogs. Any blogs where I am honest about my identity end up getting shadowbanned and censored. The only way I can have a presence online 8s basically to pretend to he someone else. That’s not right. I am not trying to force anyone to read my comments or post my comments on their blog. Garth is free to censor me, as he has done routinely for the better part of a decade now. I disagree with it, but it doesn’t stop him. The censorship has seriously harmed my mental health because people are allowed to slander my real identity online and I am not allowed to defend myself because I am censored if I try to defend myself. So people are allowed to call me Nazi and Communist and even worse things online and I basically just have to take it. It’s been going on for 10 years before shadowbanning was even something that was widely understood. Basically as soon as I finished my thesis 10 years ago, the attacks on my free speech started. I’ve heard every justification there is for censorship, from both right wing and left wung perspectives. But no one ever considers the harm that censorship causes. It has seriously harmed me. And when I try to talk about it… I am censored.

#28 Flywest29 on 12.24.20 at 1:33 pm

Merry Christmas Garth. All the best in 2021. And thank you for your wisdom and patience with this great blog.

#29 islander on 12.24.20 at 1:33 pm

Thank you Garth and Merry Christmas to all.

#30 NEVER GIVE UP on 12.24.20 at 1:36 pm

Here’s hoping everyone is safe and has the best Christmas ever under the circumstances!

Prior to the pandemic and over the last 20 years there has been a social change in that people feel the need to hug each other as a greeting.

It was never this way when I grew up and into my 40’s and I was never really comfortable with it. Can anyone relate to that?

I would propose a much more civilized greeting after the pandemic.

The Japanese have various forms of bowing.
We could develop a similar signal that is non touch but signals and replaces a handshake or a hug.

Perhaps a fist bump on your own chest while looking the other person in the eye.

Maybe weaving your fingers together and touching your own chest similar to a prayer position but without the religious connotation.

Maybe some smart Blogdog would have some better ideas that could signal recognition of the greeting between two parties but leaving out the touching.

My wife and I take meds costing 35k per year for our Rheumatoid arthritis. It reduces our immune system and works well at enabling us to function normally. The downside is that we can pick up viruses much more easily and we have needed to social distance long before the pandemic.

Most people don’t think about how damaging a handshake can be if the other party has a cold or regular flu that knocks you out of commission for a week.

I propose we get rid of touching forever and figure something else out!

#31 KNOW IT ALL on 12.24.20 at 1:42 pm

Merry Christmas!!

#32 Bell Buoy on 12.24.20 at 1:44 pm

Thank you Garth! Your daily advice and guidance in this tumultuous year has been absolutely priceless!!

#33 devore on 12.24.20 at 1:44 pm

#10 Tommy

Worst conspiracy theory ever. Noone except youtube has the ability to shadowban you from youtube, or a channel. If you had even the shred of ability to create content anyone else cares about, you would have a youtube channel and know that for a fact, as you’d be sitting there frustrated at your inability to police your own channel comments before throwing in the towel.

It may interest you youtube has recently undertaken a massive account closure campaign based on people’s comment history, and has been censoring, blocking and deleting comments aggressively for many months already, against the desires of many channel owners. Youtube is not your friend, despite your assertions that it’s giving you a free speech platform.

#34 Tommy on 12.24.20 at 1:44 pm

Neither Nazis nor Communists supported free speech so I am not a Nazi or a Communist. I am a free speech extremist who cites Voltaire– it doesn’t get more classical liberal than that. And my grandfather fought the Nazis in WWII as part of the Scottish Army. He was captured early on in the war and spent most of the war in a Nazi POW camp in Poland, where he was forced to repair German tanks as my grandfather was an auto mechanic by trade. I have heard that story since I was a child and I have always opposed Naziism. Given my family history, I am personally offended when I am called a Nazi. But I’m not a communist either. I swear to God I am a classical liberal. Why is that so hard to believe? There really aren’t very many true Nazis or Communists in Canada. Most Canadians are probably pretty close to being classical liberals, in my opinion. So what I am saying is not outlandish. It’s outlandish when people call me a Nazi or Communist.

Let’s just call you ‘finished’ for the day. – Garth

#35 zoey on 12.24.20 at 1:53 pm

Cheers Garth,

Thank you for your optimism and passion.

#36 Tommy on 12.24.20 at 1:55 pm

@32Devore

I have YouTube channels and yes, you can make someone invisible on your YouTube channel.

Garth: I won’t post anything more for today, but you should allow me this one rebuttal to Devore. I do appreciate that your blog is at least somewhat of an outlet for free speech. I’ve certainly got away with saying things here I couldn’t say anywhere else.

I guess it’s Christmas and I am exasperated. All I am ever trying to do is engage in good faith. That’s it. I don’t ever mean to harm anyone. And I think I did a lot of good with my thesis. I am not some scary monster.

Merry Christmas and hopefully 2021 is better for us all.

#37 Brian Watson on 12.24.20 at 1:58 pm

Enjoyed reading your witty insight all year long.
Merry Xmas and stay safe.

#38 crowdedelevatorfartz on 12.24.20 at 2:04 pm

@ Tommy

Possibly they just ban you because you never shut up…..?

#39 Dogman01 on 12.24.20 at 2:07 pm

As an avowed apatheist, I give Christianity credit.

Yes organized religion as all ideologies and “causes” can motivate evil:
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” – Steven Weinberg

But: Christianity
The inherent worth of each and every soul established itself as the basis of Western law and society. This is not the case in many societies in the world today.

Placing the peasant and nobleman on the same metaphysical footing, rendering them equal before god and inevitably the law, the lowliest person had value and the state was charged to recognize that value and rights followed.
Christianity put forward the idea that the act of human ownership degraded the slaver as much or even more than the slave. We now think the idea to enslave and dominate requires explanation, we have it backwards.

A Christian outlook has come to occupy a central place in the unconsciousness of the West, its had problems, but they were the sort of problems that emerge only after an entirely different set of more serious problems have been solved.

Merry Christmas

#40 Dog's country on 12.24.20 at 2:08 pm

#11 Sail Away on 12.24.20 at 1:01 pm
Speaking of gain… the pack and I have gained a new sport: bikejoring!

Look at that- it’s midday now.

Obviously you are from the center of the universe.
Out here, in Dog’s country, just finishing up with the morning indulgence…as well as my coffee!

#41 MARK on 12.24.20 at 2:10 pm

Happy Holidays all.
For everyone that was in uproar about garths post on mandatory vaccination for all…………………take heart this lawyer says NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO…

She says an employee cannot be forced into a vaccination. That person can just be terminated instead. As I mentioned. – Garth

#42 BillinBC on 12.24.20 at 2:13 pm

Crowded 38
@ Tommy

Possibly they just ban you because you never shut up…..?

———————–
Tis the season to be NICE

#43 Habitt on 12.24.20 at 2:14 pm

I really enjoy reading your blog daily. It’s a treat. Best holiday wishes to you and Dorothy. Stay safe all.

#44 Winterpeg on 12.24.20 at 2:14 pm

Merry Christmas Garth , Dorothy and all the blog dogs.
Cool song, Flop,
Here is a rendition of White Christmas:

I’m dreaming of a Zoom Christmas,
Like one I’ve never, ever known.
Where computers glisten, as people listen,
and share screen time all alone.
I’m dreaming of a Zoom Christmas,
With every mask I see this year.
Just stay safe and be of Good Cheer,
‘Cuz we’ll all be distancing this year!

#45 SoggyShorts on 12.24.20 at 2:16 pm

#10 Tommy on 12.24.20 at 1:01 pm
Dude, if lefties and righties and multiple entire platforms don’t want to hear what you have to say… maybe don’t say it? Write your thoughts onto a piece of paper and then burn them or something.
If your desire to speak your mind makes everyone who hears it unhappy, you should probably stop.
If not being able to fully vent to strangers on the internet is causing you mental health problems there may be an underlying condition you should see someone about.

Also, it’s the internet. If your posts are so abhorrent that you haven’t found an audience for them anywhere you may be the scariest person I’ve ever heard of.

@garth good luck. I can only imagine that your faith in humanity will take a sharp dip at least a few times while you commit the “crime” of censorship to keep the rest of us sane.

#46 Burnaby Boy on 12.24.20 at 2:18 pm

Golly gosh, Garth. You are starting to sound like Q with your constant reminders that life WILL get better.

#47 Surfsideboomer on 12.24.20 at 2:18 pm

Merry Christmas Garth and Dorothy,
Thank you so much for your financial wisdom Garth. I have learned so much. I get such a kick out of your written word and as well some of the more talented commenters.
All the best to you both in 2021!

#48 SoggyShorts on 12.24.20 at 2:19 pm

Merry Christmas to our host and all of you blog dogs!

Also, I think this deserves a re-post:
#127 Albertaguy (digging out) in AB on 12.24.20 at 12:10 pm
• ★Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛
˚ • •。★Christmas★ ° °。。* 。 °。。* 。°。
。* 。 °。。* 。 °。。* 。°。°。。* 。 °。。* 。°。
° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚ ˚ ˛ °。。* 。 °。 。°。
•˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •* 。 °。。*
˛ • ˚ | 田田 |門| ˚ °。˚ ˛ •* 。 °。。*。*
♪♫•*¨* And a Happy New Year !! ♪♫•*¨*。*

#49 crowdedelevatorfartz on 12.24.20 at 2:30 pm

@#42 BillinBC
“Tis the season to be NICE”
+++

Didnt you hear?
Christmas is cancelled this year…..

#50 Diamond Dog on 12.24.20 at 2:32 pm

Seasons greetings and all the best for 2021!

#51 Ballingsford on 12.24.20 at 2:35 pm

Merry Christmas Garth, Dorothy, Bandit in heaven, and all you crazy Blog Dogs!

You all add some color to this black and white world!

#52 Doug t on 12.24.20 at 2:37 pm

More Peace and Love less anger

Merry Christmas Garth

#53 Ustabe on 12.24.20 at 2:45 pm

#24 Faron on 12.24.20 at 1:23 pm

#10 Tommy on 12.24.20 at 1:01 pm
But I can’t be both a Nazi and a Communist

You sound like a real gem.

Or a wanna be Spiderman villain.

#54 Stone on 12.24.20 at 2:45 pm

Let’s just call you ‘finished’ for the day. – Garth

———

And to all, a good night. Meeeeeerrry Christmas! Lol

#55 Yukon Elvis on 12.24.20 at 2:46 pm

#21 Tommy on 12.24.20 at 1:22 pm

……………………………………

Jimmy Hoffa was like that too. Hasn’t been around for a while tho.

#56 Barb on 12.24.20 at 2:53 pm

Such a delightful photo of Dear Bandit.
Rest in peace, sweet baby.

#57 Dustmaker on 12.24.20 at 2:58 pm

Merry Christmas Garth!
And thank you.

#58 mitzerboyakaQueencitykidd on 12.24.20 at 3:01 pm

Merry Christmas and a Happie 2021

#59 Retired in Kelowna on 12.24.20 at 3:02 pm

Thank you Garth and Merry Christmas. Hoping 2021 is better for us all.

#60 The HT on 12.24.20 at 3:02 pm

Merry Christmas, Garth!

I don’t always agree with you, but I keep coming back.

Here’s to a better year in 2021!

#61 sia_kb8 on 12.24.20 at 3:05 pm

Merry Christmas, Garth and Dorothy. Sorry that you do not have bandit with you this year.

#62 Christopher Stubbs on 12.24.20 at 3:19 pm

Garth, a Merry Christmas to you, your family your team as well as all the bloggers. We appreciate you.

#63 Camus on 12.24.20 at 3:33 pm

#10 Tommy on 12.24.20 at 1:01 pm
_______________

For future reference, stealing bits of Jordan Peterson’s commentary and then passing them off as your own doesn’t help with your credibility either.

#64 Tommy on 12.24.20 at 3:34 pm

@Yukon Elvis #55

Sorry, I want to make one more rebuttal today. You are comparing me to Jimmy Hoffa and bringing up his murder.

That is intimidation. You are implying that I will end up murdered if I don’t shut up.

I don’t support censorship, but if there was ever a comment that should be censored, this is it. Wow.

#65 Keen Reader on 12.24.20 at 3:34 pm

Nice picture of Bandit! Best wishes to you, Dorothy, the amazons and the blog dogs.

Just read today that the Moderna vaccine may actually boost immunity, compared to Pfizer’s. I’m slowly coming around, hopefully even better data will exist when facing the decision!

#66 joblo on 12.24.20 at 3:38 pm

Merry Christmas!
Thanks for the blog, it’s a great gift!

#67 Handsome Ned on 12.24.20 at 3:39 pm

A poor excuse for picking a mans pocket very 25th of December. But I suppose you must have the whole day off. Be here all the earlier next morning. Now time for my bowl of gruel.

#68 theoryAndPractice on 12.24.20 at 3:41 pm

Merry Christmas Garth and all !

#69 AGuyInVancouver on 12.24.20 at 3:53 pm

Merry Christmas to you both!

#70 Carla on 12.24.20 at 3:55 pm

Thank you for your patience and perseverance on this blog, Garth. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

A peaceful, healthy holiday to all!

#71 Oakville Rocks! on 12.24.20 at 4:01 pm

Merry Christmas Garth!

Well said as always.

Thanks for offering the free advice here and once again, thanks for being an MP for the great town of Oakville, Milton, North Burlington.

#72 Ballingsford on 12.24.20 at 4:05 pm

Did you change the pic? Handsome Bandit instead of the tree ornament makes more sense. :)

#73 Armpit on 12.24.20 at 4:10 pm

Garth, Dorothy, Ryan and Turner Investments, (as well as the extended BlogDogs family here.)

Merry Christmas!

#74 WUL on 12.24.20 at 4:13 pm

Merry Christmas to you and Dorothy and I extend a sincere thank you for all you do.

Here’s hopin’ that ’21 will be less pathetic than ’20. With luck, your blog will remain at its constant level of pathetic-ness.

With meanie Dr. Deena’s health orders in AB, I’m “Home Alone” in Ft. Mac. Missing YYC on the Bow and my kin. Recorded the flick for tonight along with “It’s a Wonderful Life”. Scotch will help with the melancholy. Or worsen it. Don’t matter, really. The hangover might.

Best wishes, Doggos. All of you.

WUL
M64The Mac

#75 Sunny South on 12.24.20 at 4:23 pm

Sir, thought that I’d break with personal tradition for only the third time on this Christmas Eve to read a post and related comments on the actual day posted as opposed to the following morning.
First, I wish to thank you and the other contributors for your daily dose of info. From the posts and comments I usually learn something new. Even if just a new acronym. For that I am grateful, as I am for any info that helps me make better financial decisions. As for Bandit all I can say is that, they who are not forgotten are not truly gone. They do leave paw prints on our hearts don’t they?
Lastly I offer sincere wishes for a safe, healthy, and very Merry Christmas to you and Mrs. T., as well as Ryan, Doug and Sinan.

#76 Dwilly on 12.24.20 at 4:25 pm

Here, here. Merry Christmas to all, happy new year and may we all have good fortune in 2021!

#77 Sask to AB on 12.24.20 at 4:26 pm

Merry Christmas!!!

#78 espressobob on 12.24.20 at 4:33 pm

Without a doubt, the best financial blog on the net.

It’s Xmas again???

Where does the time go…

#79 Virtual Ted on 12.24.20 at 4:39 pm

Merry Christmas Garth and all. Good riddance to 2020!

#80 JL on 12.24.20 at 4:40 pm

Thank you Garth for offering your perspective throughout this silly year. Best wishes to you and yours. And to bright days ahead!

#81 Stan Weston on 12.24.20 at 4:50 pm

Price Polo, yes the Bank of Canada, US Federal Reserve, Bank of England, ECB, Bank of Japan, Bank of Australia and many other major central banks around the world are scrooge this year and many years now.

Keeping interest rates low to lower just helps the drunk masses on debt, debt junkies on cheap debt and very low interest rates going more in trouble, more poverty, more misery, more despair.

No social programs, no UBI, no guaranteed annual income, no other socialism and government money will not help but make things worse. Scrooge is everywhere and it is not the fault of the responsible and prudent. The left always eats it’s self in the end. The parasite dies when no more hosts to live off. Money in coming years will be worth nothing. Garbage in garbage out.

#82 Tron Light on 12.24.20 at 4:54 pm

Hey Garth…did you not get my comment? It was listed as #7 when I posted it.

#83 PoetLaurete on 12.24.20 at 4:58 pm

I’m a little Yunan Bat
No could imagine that
With my teeth I would attack
The evil scientist

I was living in a cave
When somebody was quite brave
Came to take me away
To the Wuhan lab

They crossed it with a pangolin
Gain of function added in
Injected it into my twin
And then to me as well

But without the sight to see
That when they came to inject me
I would fight back quite viciously
And bite their little thumb

#84 Phylis on 12.24.20 at 5:00 pm

Merry Christmas y’all.

#85 CJohnC on 12.24.20 at 5:12 pm

Merry Christmas Garth and Dorothy.

Thank you for your wisdom and that of your team

#86 DON on 12.24.20 at 5:20 pm

Try to enjoy this Christmas…dig out your inner child and remember your best memory of what it felt like to be a kid at Christmas.

Merry Christmas folks.

Tommy…everyone seems to be exadperated…enjoy your time. All the best.

#87 mark on 12.24.20 at 5:21 pm

Thanks for your blog! Merry Christmas.

#88 Squire on 12.24.20 at 5:22 pm

Merry Christmas !

#89 kappa on 12.24.20 at 5:27 pm

Merry Christmas!
Thank you for all the great advice provided on this blog over the years.

#90 the Jaguar on 12.24.20 at 5:28 pm

My favourite photo of Bandit was always the one on the country road surrounded by the forest. But I guess this one tops that because you can really see his eyes which are very expressive in the photo. They say ‘gratitude, devotion, love, thank you for the beautiful life you have given me’, and of course ‘Any chance I could have another cookie’?

#91 You know val on 12.24.20 at 5:38 pm

MR. T, MERRY CHRISTMAS, YOU HAVE BEEN BLESSED.

#92 Tron Light on 12.24.20 at 5:46 pm

“The last time there was a global pandemic of this extent was a century ago.”

Actually, there were other pandemics over the last century. There was the Asian Flu in 1957-58 and the Hong Kong Flu in 1968. Both of those were estimated to cause between 1-4 million deaths each. Then there was the H1N1 pandemic in 2009. Up to 400,000 deaths.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and your family Garth and to everyone reading this blog.

#93 Faron on 12.24.20 at 5:56 pm

#11 Sail Away on 12.24.20 at 1:01 pm

Speaking of gain… the pack and I have gained a new sport: bikejoring!

I have a friend who did that. Minus the bungy, short leash and with a malamute cross that loved him some squirrels. He’d tie the dog to the headtube of his bike. Bloody mess that was. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

#94 Faron on 12.24.20 at 6:01 pm

Merry Christmas Garth and thanks for your financial insights and for maintaining this forum.

May the vaxx come quickly to you and yours and the anti vaxxers be borne away on a filthy ebbing tide of pseudofact.

#95 Steel City Kid on 12.24.20 at 6:09 pm

Merry Christmas Garth and Dorothy, and to Doug, Ryan, and Sinan and their families. Thanks for this blog, which is a gift every day. And that photo of the famous and unforgettable Bandit!

#96 NoName on 12.24.20 at 6:12 pm

SRETAN BOŽIĆ I NOVA GODINA KEROVI!

#97 Ardy on 12.24.20 at 6:12 pm

Merry Christmas Garth. Wish you and D. all the best during the holiday season. It was also nice to see you are honoring Bandit this time of year as well. These are the things that are important. Be well.

-RD

#98 Cici on 12.24.20 at 6:12 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Garth and to your beloved Dorothy!

Thanks for all the good work you do empowering the masses to better their own sort, keep a cool head and help better the sort of those less fortunate.

You sure are a great guy and I’m sure that Bandit, in his angel form, is watching over you and Dorothy ;-)

#99 Diversified in Oakville (Now Mississauga) on 12.24.20 at 6:14 pm

Merry Christmas Garth, Dorothy, and all the blog dogs. We live in the greatest country on earth where we can hear ideas, and comment on them even to the disdain of others. Be well and be safe to all.

#100 Bear on 12.24.20 at 6:17 pm

Merry Christmas to you and Dorothy!

#101 Don Harraguchi on 12.24.20 at 6:17 pm

Merry Christmas Garth, to you & yours.
Thanks for all the advice and entertainment.

#102 Robert Ash on 12.24.20 at 6:25 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone, and here’s to a safe and prosperous New Year. Thanks Garth!

#103 Capt. Serious on 12.24.20 at 6:34 pm

Merry Christmas to you Garth and Dorothy! Thanks for the daily advice and good humour.

#104 John in Mtl on 12.24.20 at 6:39 pm

Joyeux Noel Monsieur Turner, Madame Dorothy !

Sachez que même au Québec, vous êtes appréciés par une minorité de personnes (mes amis et moi au moins!) qui lisez vos paroles de sagesse et de gros bon sens dans un monde pas toujours cohérent. Merci pour tous vos bons conseils au fil de l’année, vous m’avez aidé à prospérer et acquérir plus de gratitude dans la vie!

Merry Xmas to M. Ryan, M. Doug, M. Sinan and all you blog Dawgs.

#105 dosouth on 12.24.20 at 6:39 pm

Can’t miss wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and the Best of a New Year and time to come……

Thank you for your insight’s and time spent with us on your blog. Of course to Bandit and all our pets that are romping in our thoughts and memories of Christmas past.

Cheers!!

#106 alf on 12.24.20 at 6:39 pm

#27 Tommy on 12.24.20 at 1:30 pm

Stop worrying so much about what other people think of you.

Try out bitchute or brandnewtube.
They may accept you.

#107 Leichendiener on 12.24.20 at 6:42 pm

Merry Christmas and all the best in the new year.

#108 Nonplused on 12.24.20 at 6:43 pm

Conspiracy Theorist: One who questions the statements of known liars.

Anyway Merry Christmas from all of us here at the Flat Earth Society.

#109 Penny Henny on 12.24.20 at 6:46 pm

Hey Jaguar,
you seem to be the go to for drink mixes.
What would be the the ingredients for an ‘Quarantini’?

#110 Long-Time Lurker on 12.24.20 at 6:46 pm

Merry Christmas!

#111 Pete from St. Cesaire on 12.24.20 at 7:00 pm

#10 Tommy on 12.24.20 at 1:01 pm
I’ve just been shadowbanned from Rebel News’s YouTube channel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyone who wants to maintain freedom of speech should download the Dissenter Browser which was released by GAB. The Dissenter Browser allows you to post comments even to pages which don’t have a comments section.

#112 TurnerNation on 12.24.20 at 7:01 pm

“thankful for any normalcy that returns”

Yeah…about that. Gather ’round all.
Wondering why Ontariowe made sure to close all Ski Hills this year? Operators are fuming:

But why…why target outdoor sports into year 2021.
I came across this, not sure who are these guys. Assembling pieces of a puzzle.

“What is not sustainable?
Ski runs, grazing of livestock, plowing of soil, building fences, industry, single family homes, paves and tarred roads, logging activities, dams and reservoirs, power line construction, and economic systems that fail to set proper value on the environment.” UN’s Biodiversity Assessment Report.”

#113 Ballingsford on 12.24.20 at 7:02 pm

Ballingsford on 12.24.20 at 4:05 pm

******

Much better than pooping out 2020, but that made sense too. :)

All the best for 2021!

#114 Nonplused on 12.24.20 at 7:06 pm

#15 Faron on 12.24.20 at 1:13 pm
#100 Nonplused on 12.24.20 at 2:24 am

What’s a snow blowner?

Merry Christmas all! Even you Nonplused.

———————————-

“It’s not the size of the ship that matters, it’s how many times it sets sail.”

Snow Blowner: A satirical device used as a chirp in changeroom talk after a hockey game in reference to someone who missed a wide open net and blamed it on snow on the ice. Also sometimes “snow blower”.

I look forward to 2021 when hopefully by then folks will get bored with projecting what I am doing with my hands based on their own experiences. I never even brought the subject up, that was you.

But anyway, Merry Christmas to you too. What is life without frienemies?

#115 Sheesh on 12.24.20 at 7:08 pm

Merry Christmas all!

#116 Pete from St. Cesaire on 12.24.20 at 7:08 pm

Merry Christmas, Garth & family.

#117 Well travelled on 12.24.20 at 7:22 pm

Love the picture Garth! Great memories of your best friend!

Thanks for all your time and patience to put together such a practical, insightful and helpful column every day!

Merry Christmas to you and Dorothy!

#118 Kurt on 12.24.20 at 7:25 pm

#10 Tommy

If what you say is true, try Quillette or Areo, but be prepared for a level of intellectual rigor that is largely lacking here. There are some twits in the comments, but I can’t keep up with the authors. Best of luck!

#119 Nonplused on 12.24.20 at 7:27 pm

#19 Dogman01 on 12.24.20 at 1:19 pm

“Think about it, Galen now has a vast amount of power because he “won a birth lottery” .”

All births are a lottery. Being born in Canada is close enough to winning all on its’ own. Jealousy is not a good look, and coveting is 3 of the top 10 sins of the 13 of the 10 listed.

And I suppose, a further question one might ask, is how do you propose they select a successor to run the Weston businesses? Were you expecting a call? Do you even know how to run a bakery?

#120 Marc Roger on 12.24.20 at 7:33 pm

Garth and team, thanks for all you do. Merry Christmas.

#121 A message from Santa on 12.24.20 at 7:36 pm

Santa’s just checking his list one last time,
To send you some cheer and holiday rhyme.

To see who’s been naughty and who’s been nice,
And give one and all some really good advice.

A whole lot of you on this pathetic old blog,
Have been hypocritical… like a bump on a log.

Having your family over for some holiday grog,
In direction contravention of the big dog.

A shopping you’ve been to Costco and back,
Never once standing more than a couple feet back.

All proper you were with that surgical mask,
As you went about your next little task.

CERB money in hand you had a big boner,
While breaking the back of the small business owner.

Santa’s not happy that nobody cares,
So this year he’s bringing you…. preferred shares!

#122 cmj on 12.24.20 at 7:38 pm

some trivia as 2020 ends

Each person’s age and year they were born = 2020
example: my son is 39 and he was born in 1981 = 2020
his daughter is 12 and born in 2008= 2020

Thanks, Garth, for all your support for so many years. Love the picture of Bandit and he thanks you for the tribute too

#123 THANK YOU! on 12.24.20 at 7:39 pm

Merry Christmas GT … so glad this site exists! So needed. So valuable. A gem! Thank you from Alberta!

#124 Bill on 12.24.20 at 7:42 pm

Merry Christmas Garth and family…grab a scotch or 3, I’m not sure how you put up with so much crap.

#125 Nonplused on 12.24.20 at 7:49 pm

“I thought better of bringing my own loss forward. Then I realized the dog was such a hopeless ham that he’d want it. – Garth”

Sometimes that’s ok. If we are all friends here, you should be able to talk about your memories of your dog.

Every Christmas and every day was merry for Bandit, me thinks. Dogs are so much better than people.

#126 Ordinary Blog Dog on 12.24.20 at 7:49 pm

Happy Holidays Garth et al. I enjoy the financial aspects of the blog postings, but I am less interested in the real estate side of it. I read them and try to understand them, but more interested in the other. Garth, thanks for the blog – all of it!

#127 Cow Man on 12.24.20 at 7:58 pm

Sir Garth:

Best wishes to you and Dorothy. You are the best MP the Region of Halton ever had. If only you stayed on to become the Mayor of Campbellville.

Thank you for all that you have done. And thank you for what you continue to do.

The success you have garnered is well deserved.

#128 crowdedelevatorfartz on 12.24.20 at 8:07 pm

Merry Christmas Garth, Ryan, Doug and all fellow blogdogs…..

#129 Mark B on 12.24.20 at 8:08 pm

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Garth! Thank you for all you do.

#130 Ustabe on 12.24.20 at 8:17 pm

/\
/\*\
/\O\*\
/*/\/\/\
/\O\/\*\/\
/\*\/\*\/\/\
/\O\/\/*/\/O/\

I used to know how to do this stuff without looking anything up! You youngsters don’t know how easy you have it.

Merry Christmas to all and best of the season to the rest.

#131 espressobob on 12.24.20 at 8:27 pm

We all suffer terrible losses in this world words will never explain.

Keep on mind that our existence is temporary. Just be thankfull for the the time granted.

Make the most of it.

#132 Drinking on 12.24.20 at 8:29 pm

Merry Christmas all; enjoy what is in front of you, stay safe!

#133 Greg on 12.24.20 at 8:30 pm

Some come here for free financial advice; we thank you for that. Some are here for the wit and humour; again, our thanks. Some are touched for the human interest stories; we’re grateful.
It’s interesting how the commercialization of Christmas has been slashed this year; I’m grateful. My wife and I both lost our jobs earlier this year; I don’t care. I’m thankful, and I’d like to thank you Garth for an always short, but good read each day. Merry Christmas.

#134 Arun on 12.24.20 at 8:45 pm

Merry Christmas Garth! Thank you for this blog!

#135 Chris M on 12.24.20 at 8:50 pm

Best post of the year! Thank you Garth

#136 604sam on 12.24.20 at 9:13 pm

Merry Christmas Gartho!

#137 marie-noel misert on 12.24.20 at 9:14 pm

Another Joyeux Noël from Montréal.
Been following your blog from the start (improved my English!).
Thank you for what you are doing.
Hope that next year, all Canadians will start to work together to get out of this mess. Let’s forget for a while our differences and keep this country united and great.
F74Q

#138 Out Of Work CEO, Will Travel on 12.24.20 at 9:32 pm

When Air Canada has charters to Florida for Canadian Snowbirds who won’t wait for the vaccines but will get their vaccine and some sun at the same time then we will know the end is nigh. I love you kidz; Feliz Navidad!

#139 Brian on 12.24.20 at 9:35 pm

Merry Christmas Garth and Dorithy may this Christmas bring you and all your readers a safe and joyous Christmas!

#140 Canuck on 12.24.20 at 9:44 pm

The hell that was 202 was self induced. Our own gov’t stats show that we shut down our economy because our death count this year was 10,900 more than a regular year.

and you think employers will be terminating people for not getting vaccinated.

#141 Interstellar Old Yeller on 12.24.20 at 9:47 pm

Merry Christmas Garth & Dorothy!

#142 27leafs99 on 12.24.20 at 9:49 pm

Merry Christmas, GARTH.

#143 Ricker on 12.24.20 at 10:22 pm

Merry Christmas and wishing you and yours a Happy New Year 2021! Happier days ahead!

#144 Ross on 12.24.20 at 10:28 pm

Thank you for sharing your time doing this blog.
Much appreciated. You have my respect.
Merry Christmas. More please.

#145 NigelM on 12.24.20 at 10:31 pm

Merry Christmas, Garth! Thanks for the great content throughout the year.

#146 Father’s Daughter on 12.24.20 at 10:47 pm

Merry Christmas Garth!
It is still a good world indeed, we should never forget that.

#147 Wrk.dover on 12.24.20 at 11:07 pm

Here’s hoping you didn’t get too much sun in the Tee-shirt weather NS just went through on the 24th.

This blog is the best gift I have ever had from a friend I have never met.

Best wishes to all who read this on Christmas day.

#148 Flamed out in Kitchener on 12.24.20 at 11:09 pm

What a beautiful picture of Bandit! So many amazing memories of your wonderful friend over the years. You gave this proud canine an awesome life. I think it’s worth considering a book project in Bandits honour.

All the best to you and Dorothy at Christmas and for 2021.

#149 O=E+R on 12.25.20 at 12:48 am

Merry Christmas Garth & Dorothy!

#150 Garth's Son Drake on 12.25.20 at 1:30 am

Yeah, I did expect 2020 to be how it was once reports in early January started coming out about a SARS outbreak.

Anybody who experienced SARS in early 2000 know exactly how dangerous it can be and once it started getting imported everywhere you could just see it happening in slow motion and where it was headed.

And given where we are at, what are people expecting for 2021?

The first half is going to be riddled with high case counts that will eventually dwindle off and not be a thing by Summer.

But then what? Slow financial stimulus, meanwhile job numbers are still below the trough of the financial crisis?

Watch what happens after March 31, 2021.

The Fed has to double down on their stimulus or else there will be hell to pay in the economy.

#151 Barge Recketer on 12.25.20 at 2:32 am

#152 Big Joe 666 on 12.25.20 at 7:09 am

Merry Christmas from the future. On this side of the date line we get everything first. Totting the year end numbers was great, what a year !!!

Sunshine and swimming pools. Those near naked Swedish bikini models continue to distract. I’m ‘ hardly’ staring. Wiggle wiggle. Oh well.

Wish you all well.

#153 Don’t mind #10 Tommy on 12.25.20 at 7:32 am

Joyeux Noël Garth et al.

#154 Francis Capella on 12.25.20 at 7:54 am

Canadian seniors get vaxxed in Florida.

In Canada they get dead. No vax for Canadian seniors until next September. Thx Trudeau. Shame on him.

Post edited. – Garth

#155 VicPaul on 12.25.20 at 8:16 am

I am blessed to have a special Christmas breakfast each year with our three adults and their Mom – much less about “stuff’ now and more about food and visiting.
Tonight a fine dinner with Mom’s special touches and the kids with their SO’s – all within our bubble.
I’m feeling very grateful for our families’ collective health, for the freedom and focus that golf gives my life and the joy of sharing music that I can gift to others – or quietly enjoy myself.
Life is very good ~ I hope you all can look for it, find it and enjoy it. Merry Christmas!

#156 Almost There on 12.25.20 at 8:37 am

Amen!
Merry Christmas!

#157 Tron Light on 12.25.20 at 9:09 am

#140 Canuck on 12.24.20 at 9:44 pm

What is very interesting about that link is that there was higher than expected mortality between the ages of 0-45 from May to October that is not attributed to Covid. There was an excess of 1,385 deaths and males accounted for 81% of those deaths.

#158 Party on Garth on 12.25.20 at 9:27 am

Merry Christmas Garth, Dorothy, and blog dogs.

#159 Yuus bin Haad on 12.25.20 at 9:57 am

just don’t call me late for dinner

#160 Dharma Bum on 12.25.20 at 10:19 am

#10 Tommy

——————————————————————–

It has nothing to do with your politics or ideology, Tommy.

Your comments are just misguided, puerile, irrelevant,
red herrings, wrong, and just plain dumb.

I thought I was missing something after reading your posts, but once I saw that others on this site called you out on your comments as well, I realized that I was right. Now that you admit that you are banned from everything, it all makes sense.

I feel so much better!

#161 maxx on 12.25.20 at 10:23 am

Merry Christmas Garth and may 2021 be full of optimism and promise.

#162 West Coast Girl on 12.25.20 at 11:16 am

Merry Christmas to you and Dorothy. Agree let’s look at the bright side of things especially today. Very nice photo of Bandit.

#163 Upenuff on 12.25.20 at 12:15 pm

Merry Christmas Greater Fools!

Santa brought me a train set and some leggo!

Upenuff

#164 Linda on 12.25.20 at 12:19 pm

To Garth and Dorothy, many thanks for all the advice and support. Also, may health, peace and prosperity be the theme for 2021:) Merry Christmas!

#165 A Believer on 12.25.20 at 12:27 pm

Thank you for this daily consistent and wise advice. In this crazy world of 2020 it is so good to be able to look forward to reading the afternoon blog and a return to sanity. Ir is the highlight of my day. My portfolio thanks you too! May 2021 be a year of recovery and hope.

#166 TurnerNation on 12.25.20 at 12:32 pm

Let’s put this in terms a child could understand.
Every (former) First World country is taking the same action, in tandem, locking people in their homes (for their health!) as the New world order is being rolled out.

Already you have been designated as Essential or Non Essential for this New System. This was done at time of rollout, in March.
I imagine “Essentials” will get first crack at the Vax (well already they are planning and hinting at CV-20, CV-21, the never-ending global WW3).
Non-Essentials will get the UBI and a lower caste/lowered rights.
Take down that framed Charter of Rights & Freedoms. It’s a joke now. New System rules.

Everything you needed to know was marketed to us on day one: #stayhome, don’t get in the way of the rollout. CV Protocols only. 2 more week/28 more days they toy with us. Travel is to be heavily restricted/banned – green agenda on steriods.

I imagine everyone’s health here SKYROCKETED under the new rules designed to Keep us Safe and ensure Public Health. How could it not! Rules work. We are at our peak because our elite rulers love us so much.

No fun allowed in the New System. ALL sports teams in Kanada have been banned from the country or cancelled (CFL). Fact. This is a take down of the Old System, old culture.

Early on I noted that privacy was made impossible in the New System. Standing 6-6-6 feet apart? Whispering is impossible. Only loud talk which your Smart Phone picks up.
A hushed conversation in a crowded restaurant? Impossible. Not crowded and background music was banned or ordered down low (for our health).
Check your history books, instead of looking over your shoulder for the local Party snitch, Smart devices grab it all.

Back to these guys, the Globalist’s Corporations are to lead the New System. Why we do not have even a sitting parlement right? No opposition of note. Soon, electronic/mail in ballots. Nothing will be left to chance.

AND WE ARE NOT EVEN ONE YEAR INTO THIS ROLLOUT!

Latest updates
18 shipping, airlines and logistics industry CEOs sign vaccine-delivery charter
Posted 22 Dec 09:06 UTC

Microsoft’s future of work
Posted 21 Dec 16:57 UTC

Salesforce teams with GAVI to distribute 2 billion vaccines
Posted 21 Dec 16:44 UTC

#167 thesecondcomingofjohngalt on 12.25.20 at 12:51 pm

Great picture of Bandit, Seasons Greetings to you, and family, always look forward to your blog, Merry Christmas, and yes, let’s look forward to a optimistic, prosperous 2021, Happy New Year!

#168 George on 12.25.20 at 1:39 pm

never miss a blog entry. Thank you Garth

Merry Christmas

#169 Bill on 12.25.20 at 1:45 pm

#154 Francis Capella on 12.25.20 at 7:54 am
Canadian seniors get vaxxed in Florida.
————————-
The gift that keeps on giving…your leader.
Sent all the PPE to China and we got zip back.
We know who he works for.

Have a wonderfull Christmas day

#170 Baadshah on 12.25.20 at 1:47 pm

Merry Christmas Garth, Dorothy, Ryan, Doug & blogdogs!!

#171 Steven on 12.25.20 at 2:02 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 2021 is going to be great

#172 Brett in Calgary on 12.25.20 at 3:23 pm

Merry Christmas Garth and all!

#173 NSNG on 12.25.20 at 4:11 pm

Just remember you globalist Grinches. You can never steal our Christmas!

#174 Martin in Montreal on 12.25.20 at 5:07 pm

Merry Christmas Garth!
Thanks for everything.

#175 Canadian Moose on 12.25.20 at 5:16 pm

Merry Christmas to you and your family! I miss Bandit.