D&T

So many questions, so little time. Hardly enough hours left in the week to bash Trump, realtors, [email protected], moisters, wrinklies, T2, and now Mad Max or Ford Nation.

Speaking of which… blog dog Paul was driving to his inlaws’ place near Foleyet (where the hell is that?) when he came across this house. Itsa redneck billboard, bubba. We may be in more trouble than previously suspected…

Well, speaking of creative house usage, here’s Bill. “Hi Garth, a very sincere suck up before I start,” he wisely states.” I been reading your blog for the past 6 – 8 years daily (even the comments section).  You have done a great public service educating the public on financial matters,

“I ‘m planning to buy a new house for 1.1M.  I want to move into it and keep my current house as an investment property, worth $800,000. What I would like to do is leave 20% equity in my current house (160K) and take out a 80% mortgage (640K) and apply that to the purchase of my new primary residence.  CRA does not allow me to write off the interest of the mortgage against any rental income I will receive from renting out my old house so I was wondering if I could sell my old house to a third party  then obtain a mortgage to buy back my old house for 800K (20% down, 80% financed).  Technically, I should then be able to expense the interest from any rental income I get from renting out the old house, and use this mortgage money for the new house.

“I’m not sure if I should be contacting a real estate lawyer, tax lawyer or even an accountant.  I would really like your input to see if this is a valid tax planning strategy. “

When you sell the house, Bill, it’s sold. Period. Gone. Not yours, so long as the buyer is unrelated. Declare it on your tax return, claim the PRE and pocket any gain tax-free.  Now you can buy it back, of course, in a separate transaction at market value and finance the deal however you want.

But, wait. Mortgage payments ($3.300) plus property tax and  insurance (about $700) will mean rent of at least $4,000 a month to break even. The odds of that on a house worth eight bills are low. And the CRA won’t let you write off losses forever with no expectation of profit. But more fundamentally, this plan is a fail. The cost of money borrowed against real estate bought for investment purposes, then used to finance a non-income-producing asset (your house) ain’t deductible.

If you put the $640,000 into an investment portfolio, the interest could be fully deducted.. Better still, sell the old house and buy the new one. Or keep your pants on and stay where you are.  Haven’t you learned anything here in eight years?

Now here’s Matt, with a deathly serious question…

“I had drinks with a good friend of mine last night – we’re in our 50’s – and found out that her parents aren’t doing well.  Let’s just say both parents will be facing the final curtain in the near future.  We’re talking a few months…maybe.  My friend and I were trying to figure out how to handle the inevitable, from a financial point of view.

I know from personal experience that the death of a parent is a costly event.  Not just the funeral.  But the probate process.  The executor, the estate attorney, the government, all take a percentage of the estate’s net assets.  Whatever is leftover (after all the bills are paid) goes to the beneficiaries.

My question is this.  Her parents worked hard all their lives, and were quite frugal.  What can my friend do to minimize all these estate settlement costs?  We discussed the pros and cons of: (i) my friend getting power of attorney over property, (ii) my friend getting added to her parents’ financial accounts.  I suspect that (i) is the safer option for all concerned (parents and daughter), but (ii) is the best way to minimize executor / attorney / probate fees.  From what I know, the family is close, and they trust each other.  But I also know there are no guarantees in life; money can bring out the worst in people.  Well, what do you think; option (i) or (ii)?  Any suggestions would be appreciated. “

For something everybody shares (croaking), it’s shocking how little we prepare, or know. Did you hear that Aretha Franklin kicked without a will? Did she think she was immortal? Incredible.

Anyway, Matt, POAs and estate planning are two different animals. Everyone should grant power of attorney to someone else (for reasons I recently explained) in order to ensure good decisions are made when you can no longer reach them yourself. The POA holder has a fiduciary duty to act in the best interests of the grantor – for health care or income, for example – but that ends with death. Being a POA does not mean you can sell your deceased parent’s property and keep the money.

A  person’s will dictates how assets will be dealt with and what flows to beneficiaries. It is administered by an executor (who should not be your child or BIL or best friend, unless they’re trained, competent and have oodles of time), not a POA. RRSPs, RRIFs and TFSAs can go tax-free to a spouse (or dependent child) and principal residences can be passed along tax-free to anyone. Non-registered investments are deemed to have been sold upon death, and therefore taxable. But if you hold a joint account (for assets or cash) with someone who passes, it all becomes your property instantly. (This is why every married couple with money should have a joint non-registered investment account.)

Tell your friend her parents need wills with sensible executors (besides each other), POAs for property and continuing care and – if they have invested wealth – to ensure beneficiaries are named for RRSPs and TFSAs. Also consider a joint account. While at it, they should prepay their funeral, make their final wishes known (“bury me with my Harley,” etc.) and take some responsibility for the inevitable. Dying without a plan is irresponsible. Trust me, you will live to regret it.

#1 Reximus on 08.24.18 at 5:30 pm

“Bill” is an idiot

#2 Happy Housing Crash Everyone! on 08.24.18 at 5:38 pm

Happy Housing Crash Everyone!

The days of SHYSTER lies are over. I can’t wait for a uber type realtor. Coukd we see $1000-$5000 to sell a home?

Happy Housing Crash Everyone!:-)

#3 The Wet One on 08.24.18 at 5:39 pm

So…

About that prognostication on cannabis shares, right now, you’re looking pretty wrong Garth.

Just sayin’

I know you’re perfect and all, but still….

;-)

That is gambling, not investing. I don’t gamble. – Garth

#4 F.O.R.D. NATION will RISE Canada on 08.24.18 at 5:43 pm

Doug Ford is going to deport all Muslims and Africans from Ontario. This is why he is slowly cutting funding to the lifeblood of Muslims and Africans- welfare (OW) and handouts from the larger cities.

You can apologize and leave now. – Garth

#5 dakkie on 08.24.18 at 5:45 pm

U.S. and Canada Real Estate Creating UNPAYABLE DEBT For Most People! Bankruptcies Coming Soon

#6 Brian Ripley on 08.24.18 at 5:53 pm

“Or keep your pants on and stay where you are.” Garth

In a CMHC survey last year, which I have published in part, it notes that the hot markets are in some measure built on peer pressure and the repeating of nonsense to each other, ie: narrative economics.

It’s difficult to avoid especially when the narrative self fulfills… until it doesn’t and a new story emerges.

Timing eh?

#7 Young Boomer on 08.24.18 at 6:07 pm

I would add that couples should have both names on their vehicle registrations as well. I’ve seen how it complicates things when one passes and a vehicle was only in the deceased’s name.

#8 AK on 08.24.18 at 6:07 pm

#96 Ex-Cowtown on 08.23.18 at 10:35 pm
You must have excess time on your hands. – Garth
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
“Not really, but friends don’t let friends suffer from TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome).”
====================================

Many of the leftists here in the U.S. are suffering from this terrible disorder. LOL…

The most obvious symptom of TDS, is watching MSNBC and CNN 24/7….

#9 Smoking Man on 08.24.18 at 6:14 pm

Max is probably the biggest opportunist I have encountered in federal politics. I know him. I suspect you do not. – Garth
……
I like him but voting for him risks a T2 second term.
Canada cant afford it. Sheer it is then

PS. When using Chrome to try and post on greater fool as Smoking Man. No matter how manny keys I hit. Text does not show up in the input box… I finally made the big leagues of shit desterbing.
No problem with firefox…

Mid terms are coming up, and this pathetic blog has range.
When big tech plots to censor conservative voices, they’re not kidding…

Even my new twitter account now shadow band. Short facebook and twitter once a half decent alternative emerges..

#10 FOUR FINGERS WATSON on 08.24.18 at 6:16 pm

#3 The Wet One on 08.24.18 at 5:39 pm
So…

Just sayin’

I know you’re perfect and all, but still….

;-)

That is gambling, not investing. I don’t gamble. – Garth
…………………………………

Do any of those cannabis companies have any actual earnings yet ? just wondering.

#11 Zapstrap on 08.24.18 at 6:19 pm

That pic must have been taken on a Ford reserve …

#12 Shawn on 08.24.18 at 6:35 pm

How does this work with respect to corporations (i.e. if both spouses own separate corporations and own 100% of the shares of each)?

#13 [email protected] on 08.24.18 at 6:37 pm

Aretha Franklin not having a will, when she was ill recently could not they have written a will. Im thinking whatever transfers that were required to be done were already done by then. No will just sounds cool. Comments?

#14 Walking Papers For You, And You, And You And You.... on 08.24.18 at 6:39 pm

Never a pretty sight. Adults bawling their eyes out like children when they finally realize how foolish they have been with their money year after year. Reality Bites.

#15 Canadians only want to spend on houses on 08.24.18 at 6:40 pm

Biggest loss in 75 years is 4%

Which quadrant to put where in order to have equal risk (growing economy, shrinking economy – my money grows).

Stocks – 30%

Long term treasuries – 40%

Intermediates – 15%

Gold – 7.5%

Commodities – 7.5%

Re-calibrate once per year.

#16 kommykim on 08.24.18 at 6:45 pm

RE: #8 AK on 08.24.18 at 6:07 pm
The most obvious symptom of TDS, is watching MSNBC and CNN 24/7….

===================================

When I first heard the term TDS, I thought that Trump Derangement Syndrome referred to deranged Trump supporters….

If the meme fits…..

#17 Okanagan has two seasons on 08.24.18 at 6:45 pm

Winter and Smoke.

John Horgan says we are in for a new normal. The two seasons: winter and SMOKE.

Makes house humping a bit more difficult, but debt slavery shall prevail among every good little Canadian.

#18 conan on 08.24.18 at 6:59 pm

Bold as F prediction.

The Mad Max Conservatives take over the Harper 2.0 Conservatives within five years.

#19 Troy McClure on 08.24.18 at 7:03 pm

Why do people think that settling an estate is so expensive? I’ve lost both my parents in the last 3 years, and despite them leaving a sketchy will (handwritten on an index card), the cost was pretty minimal. Maybe people think we’ve got estate taxes in Canada, but we don’t.

I wish my parents had read Garth’s advice, because it would have made things so much easier, but it wasn’t that expensive. My siblings and I got the vast majority of the estate.

#20 Fun By the Sea on 08.24.18 at 7:05 pm

Amusing real estate story. So we rent a nice, rather modest, house by the sea somewhere near Victoria. It was put on the market by our landlord (who had promised at least five years but, whatever) at the beginning of June. 1.6m and change. Price cut to 1.5 after the first 30 days and 4 prospects through. No offers. Total of fifteen “buyers”.

So today I get a note: “Your dog smells and that is why the buyers are not offering.” Seriously, my fine, clean, albeit large, dog is destroying the buyer’s desire to offer.

Oddly, the only person who has ever noticed my dog’s offer killing scent is…the realtor.

Coming up on the end of the listing agreement the poor guy had to say something. But blaming the dog, really?

#21 Troy McClure on 08.24.18 at 7:06 pm

#2 Happy Housing Crash Everyone! on 08.24.18 at 5:38 pm

The days of SHYSTER lies are over.

Indeed! Where have you been, HHCE? Maybe you’ve been posting after I read the blog, but I’ve missed the well-deserved bashing of SHYSTERS and their SHYSTER lies!

#22 Karl on 08.24.18 at 7:11 pm

Garth, your post today reminded me of something I need to get a grasp on.

Should my wife and I pile our investment money into one TFSA that holds a large amount so as to make larger interest gains OR should we be putting money into both TFSAs, even if one is just starting out?

#23 Meanwhile in Vancouver on 08.24.18 at 7:13 pm

A Moonbeam 2015 meeting with a van re investor held after banks loaned ($100m) 300% of $32m purchase price in a quiet 2.7acre sale of City land @ $96M under market value.

So, about that public inquiry during the time of “anything goes” under provincial Liberal rule.

This smells heavily of corruption.

#24 Victoria - 53% Price Cut on 08.24.18 at 7:30 pm

68 Government Street, Victoria

Was 1.7M, now 849K.

Listing Price Change: – $950,000.00 -53%

Don’t worry about it. Only 950K change.

#25 Strating to get Real in YYJ on 08.24.18 at 7:33 pm

1161 Oxford Street, Victoria changing it up to the downside by -17%

$376,000 price cut.

#26 500,000 Price Cuts in West Vancouver on 08.24.18 at 7:37 pm

Seems to be the norm right now. I guess the W.Van mayor wasn’t joking when talking about things flat out melting down several months ago.

Now, I understand what he was talking about.

2011 Tyrol Lane: $800,000 price cut.

I have 37 other examples just like this from the past two weeks.

Just a minor (10.6 years of full time work at 75 k per year) adjustment down.

#27 Richmond, BC - Reduced Average Prices of $200,000 this month on 08.24.18 at 7:42 pm

Ones like 10931 Seaward Gate, Richmond are common dropping around 18% in list price.

338,888 price cut.

#28 Lost...but not leased on 08.24.18 at 7:42 pm

Arethra Franklin= no will ?

R-E-S-P-E-C -T

R.I.P…..S.O.L.

#29 Quiet times and sinking home values - Ladner, BC on 08.24.18 at 7:47 pm

A lot of good people live in Ladner.

That doesn’t stop the typical 17% price cuts appearing this month.

Unfortunately, the koolaid (just like everywhere else) was spiked and people are starting to sober up and quiet down.

11313 89A in Delta wasn’t having any luck, so the price has been cut $239,000

#30 Joe on 08.24.18 at 7:53 pm

Hello Garth, my mother has passed so just my father is alive, i have 1 brother, are you saying i should have a joint account cash account with my father making it easier upon his death? I am the executor.

#31 Lost...but not leased on 08.24.18 at 8:04 pm

Re: Estates, Wills and Probates

I have posted previously numerous times on my “nightmare” involving both my deceased parents…

There is no such thing as bases covered…while I will comment more later…THE best advice is to do personal research and self- education so as to have a minimum understanding as to the potential minefield that may lay ahead.

Do NOT EVER think a will and especially POA cannot be co-opted.

#32 Danny on 08.24.18 at 8:04 pm

Derelict
No pride in property
Run down
Peeling away
Broken transparency
Unkept property
Eyesore to everybody who can see
Mindless of community spirit
Slum landlord….
One can go one….but

Suffice to say…if the promoter thought this is good for Ford’s image he must have bought a truck load of the “Buck a beer”….. Doug remembers when he was a high school funky……. in the hooooooood.

Or maybe it is a set up by the owner asking for….. a someone to burn it down so he can get some insurance money.

Definitely not good public art….just an eyesore.

#33 Long-Time Lurker on 08.24.18 at 8:05 pm

#110 Educate me! on 08.24.18 at 3:10 am
I am an aircraft engineer and have been able to make mortgage payments for a detached house and a semi-detached in Aurora which were bought exactly a year ago. I am renting the semi-detached and I live in the other one. Should I be worried about their future Garth?

>If interest rates keep going up how does that effect you? What if the GTA housing market melts down fast or slow (prices drop)? Mayday! Mayday!

#34 yvr_lurker on 08.24.18 at 8:18 pm

#20 Fun by the sea

—————–
This made me laugh, and reminded me of a similar BS we experienced in 1997. At that time was renting a rather run-down house in Kits. Landlord dragged their feet to fix anything, and often did it myself pro-bono just to get it done. Landlord put the place for sale at an inflated price; after about 8 open houses over a 6 week period (each time we had to clean the place to make it look nice and then leave for 2 hours), there were no offers. Awful realtor must have told the landlord that the reason it is not selling is because of our pet (which we were allowed to have). Complete bogus. On the last open house I undid my home repair (which I had complained about to the landlord for months), and at the last showing the realtor had the doorknob pulling right off in his hand when he tried to open the front door. Place didn’t see, the landlord then tried to jack up the rent 20% with one month notice, and rather than fighting her at the rent control board, ended up moving and finding a better place. Both landlord and the realtor were first class scum.

#35 Bezengy on 08.24.18 at 8:19 pm

Foleyet….now you’re talking my language. Often on my way to Chapleau or Dubriville I would literally be weaving my vehicle left and right to avoid hitting the moose and bears on the highway, but the wolves and foxes near Foleyet wouldn’t let you pass until you fed them because the loggers treated them as pets. I always had extra donuts so I was allowed to pass. No place for Liberals for sure.

#36 Ronaldo on 08.24.18 at 8:28 pm

#7 Young Boomer on 08.24.18 at 6:07 pm
——————————————————
That is a very good point. Wife and I have both vehicles in both names. And joint bank accounts as Garth states is a must as well. Estate planning is not an easy task and I can tell you from experience you need more than a lawyer or an accountant to do this stuff up right. There are not many people around like Garth that can guide you through all the things that need to be done. It’s especially more complicated when you have remarried and there are two sets of families to consider when determining who gets what when either person kicks off. We learned the expensive way when we went to a lawyer who advertised he did estate planning and wills. I had a list of questions related to the financial part of it all and was not able to get any clear answers to any of them. He stated he was not a ‘numbers guy’. So much for that. Between our accountant, our funds rep and another lawyer that was recommended by our accountant we were able to come up with a very good plan but it took a great deal of effort on our parts.

#37 Where’s The Money Greedo? on 08.24.18 at 8:29 pm

Re: #132 Adam on 08.24.18 at 10:16 am
So much misunderstanding.

#49 Timmy on 08.23.18 at 7:12 pm

Immediately. This sets a precedent that board-operated MLS systems must share sold prices via a feed with their members and not prevent them from publishing such numbers on their websites

#62 S.Bby on 08.23.18 at 8:08 pm

This info is available in BC now through rew.ca

Not exactly. The info on rew.ca comes from provincial land registry records, and does not show MLS-entered changes like price changes, or status changes (think withdrawn/cancelled listings). Although that will change very soon.

#94 Where’s The Money Greedo? on 08.23.18 at 10:22 pm

It’s highly unlikely that any brokerage will be allowed to share sold prices/intra-listing price/status changes without requiring “verification” of the person they are sharing it with – think, signing up with a verified e-mail address.

Any websites that are currently showing this information without requiring a login (i.e. housesigma) will either be shut down (as soon as people can figure out who’s running it) or change at some point in the near future.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So in other words, they’re going to pick pocket you one way or another, hiding behind privacy laws.
Typical…..Scum….Unless….
I give them a load of bulls%$t info, fake email.
How about [email protected]
Yeah, that’s the ticket, Jerry. That’s gold Jerry.

#38 Quebec is Great on 08.24.18 at 8:36 pm

Karl, #22
You’re joking right?

#39 Ronaldo on 08.24.18 at 8:41 pm

#8 AK on 08.24.18 at 6:07 pm
#96 Ex-Cowtown on 08.23.18 at 10:35 pm
You must have excess time on your hands. – Garth
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
====================================

The most obvious symptom of TDS, is watching MSNBC and CNN 24/7….
—————————————————————
Is that ever true. My sister can’t draw away from it and absolutely seethes with hate for T. She even made a comment that someone should get rid of him. This is how these news outlets can affect people. CNN is full time anti-Trumping and they will never give any positive feedback on any of the good things that he has done for the country since he’s been elected. If anything was done to effect the results of the election more than any Russian hacker it’s been CNN. They’re the worst by far. I’m not in agreement with all that the U.S. prez says or does but at least give him credit for the good he has done for many of the average Americans. My 2 cents worth.

#40 Canopy Growth on 08.24.18 at 8:43 pm

folks taking weed seriously, NOW? :)

its market cap is greater than Canadian Tire, Bombardier, Air Canada

#41 tccontrarian on 08.24.18 at 8:53 pm

First this:
“I been reading your blog for the past 6 – 8 years daily (even the comments section). You have done a great public service educating the public on financial matters,

Then this:

“I ‘m planning to buy a new house for 1.1M. I want to move into it and keep my current house as an investment property, worth $800,000. What I would like to do is leave 20% equity in my current house (160K) and take out a 80% mortgage (640K) and apply that to the purchase of my new primary residence….”

Lotsa reading and little comprehension, apparently! OMG

TCC

#42 Gravy Train on 08.24.18 at 8:54 pm

#39 Ronaldo on 08.24.18 at 8:41 pm
“My two cents’ worth.” I’d like a refund, please. :)

#43 Re, yvr_lurler on 08.24.18 at 8:58 pm

#44 paulo on 08.24.18 at 9:04 pm

smoke and mirrors:
Thinking this weed thing is going to be a bust from an investment point of view.
the people that smoke will continue to do so,but will now will be able to legally grow there own.
highly unlikely that there will be any measuable increase in use base IE future new customers for
commercial growers.
in ontario the goverment aborted the plan to establish bricks and morter retail outlets, opting for online.
a better investment play is providers of small scale grow equipment tailored to individual use/consumption
in the end the laywers will have a field day dealing with cases related to multiple unit (condo rules) governing
use etc other than that forget it.
lots of hype and expectation over nothing of investment grade, “Caviet Emptor” on this play

#45 Ronaldo on 08.24.18 at 9:04 pm

#42 Gravy Train on 08.24.18 at 8:54 pm
#39 Ronaldo on 08.24.18 at 8:41 pm
“My two cents’ worth.” I’d like a refund, please. :)
——————————————————————
Do you have change for a nickle? :)

#46 yvrmc on 08.24.18 at 9:15 pm

Welcome back HHCE !! …. your enthusiasm towards shysters was missing for awhile…..

#47 re., paulo on 08.24.18 at 9:22 pm

……..

yeah, in on Canopy at $12.25, thnks for the ‘caviet emptor’ lol

in case you’re not following , Constellation Brands just dropped $5 Billion, with a B into Canopy….

Canopy will be weeds version of GOOG. GLOBAL growth, stop looking at tiny Canada

#48 mike from mtl on 08.24.18 at 9:24 pm

Once you’re the one dead, who cares?

#49 ImGonnaBeSick on 08.24.18 at 9:27 pm

Danny, again with the anti-Doug Ford BS… Thought you lefties were supposed to be all accepting… Biggest hypocrites of them all… Don’t you have a little old lady to yell at somewhere?

#50 SoggyShorts on 08.24.18 at 9:45 pm

#22 Karl on 08.24.18 at 7:11 pm

*****************************
….why would it matter?
Assuming your investment choices are the same for each TFSA, there is no net difference in gains if you put in
20K and 10K
or
15K and 15K
or
29K and 1K
so long as the total is still 30K, your gains will be the same

#51 islander on 08.24.18 at 9:48 pm

#43 Re, yvr_lurler

Garth – this one needs to go asap

Gone. – Garth

#52 LP on 08.24.18 at 9:58 pm

#43 Re, yvr_lurler on 08.24.18 at 8:58 pm
**************************************

For the love of Pete, Garth. Please delete this post!!!!

F71ON

My apologies. I missed it. The poster is from Vancouver, known to both me and the RCMP. – Garth

#53 Phylis on 08.24.18 at 10:09 pm

#46 yvrmc maybe the mayor of milton will come back and help pump up what hhce is deflating. MoM where are you when we need you the most?

#54 dave on 08.24.18 at 10:19 pm

Comment #43 has missed your editing trigger finger so far

Refresh. – Garth

#55 viorelli on 08.24.18 at 10:21 pm

The economic experts here in the Best Place on Earth are saying that we are facing a certain economic slowdown for the next couple of years. The main culprits are reduced demand for construction and unavailability of the unskilled labor. But “other experts” say otherwise. We’ve got tons of great jobs readily available in BC, some of them are:

1. Meth laboratory technician
2. Birth house specialist
3. Fentanyl production manager
4. Day trader specializing in weed stocks
5. Air B and B management and operator
6. Massage parlor attendant

and lots of other positions, please note that housing speculator / flipper and realtor is no longer on the list, thus bet accordingly! People are getting sad, depressed, and angry and many are increasingly turning to drugs. Diversified portfolio sounds better day by day now. I would also recommend certain currencies and prime investments in places like Thailand or the good, old USA. Lots of Chinese and Russian investors are hunting for such deals and they are disappearing rather fast.

Another bummer is that if you have a recreational rental property in Whistler or Tofino, the Air B and B rules are changing fast, you may not be able to offer friend’s and family rates any longer to yourself and occupancy / rental reports may be required in the near future. This will undoubtedly have a long term effect on the price of such properties, which is getting more and more expensive to operate due to rising insurance (wildfires), and taxes.

#56 Bottoms_Up on 08.24.18 at 10:32 pm

#19 Troy McClure on 08.24.18 at 7:03 pm
———————–
Settling an estate is not expensive. But it is very time consuming, especially tracking and getting access to bank accounts, getting notarized docs etc. Lots of moving parts. Garth is right, its a time consuming process.

#57 NoName on 08.24.18 at 10:44 pm

ATDT, brings old memories…

#58 Ace Goodheart on 08.24.18 at 10:45 pm

Predictions for the Trumpocalypse:

The Donald, being the impulsive, driven by anger and perceived slights spoiled little child that he is, is fuming currently because he feels he has not been allowed to do what he wants to do. For Trump, this situation is untenable and can only be remedied by doing whatever he likes, regardless of the consequences.

Within the next month or so, Trumpster will do two things that will cause him irreparable political harm and probably end his presidential mandate:

He will:

(a) Fire Mueller

(b) Pardon Manafort.

Trump owes Manafort big time. He knows it. Trump is a street smart billionaire spoiled rich brat. He knows he has to pay back his friends for keeping quiet. His street rep depends on it. Manafort is going to prison because he didn’t rat Trump out. He will expect a pardon, and he is going to get one.

Trump hates the FBI, the Justice system, the Courts, the judges, basically anyone who challenges his absolute power. Mueller the fly in his billion dollar ointment. He is going to fire him. It is just a matter of when.

When the above two things happen, the USA as we know it is going to fall apart. Trump, though a complete idiot who is unfit to rule an adult daycare center, is fiercely supported by a group of well armed, angry, determined white male Americans. Many of these people had their net worth erased during the 2008 meltdown. They are angry, well armed, well prepared and they have nothing to lose.

The USA is becoming a failed state. All it needs is a little push, and it has a madman at the helm, pushing with all his might…..

#59 Oft deleted much maligned stock.picker on 08.24.18 at 11:41 pm

#60 Ponzius Pilatus on 08.24.18 at 11:42 pm

#39 Ronaldo on 08.24.18 at 8:41 pm
“My two cents’ worth.” I’d like a refund, please.
——————————————————————
No more pennies in circulation. 2 cents are rounded down to zero.
So his advice is worth nothing.

#61 Dolce Vita on 08.24.18 at 11:45 pm

#39 Ronaldo

Pretty caustic in the US when it comes to Trump. Read CNN, MSNBC & Fox every day (first I seek the tranquility of this Blog, then I like to read US style fire and brimstone).

CNN’s popularity slipping per Adweek using Nielsen data, week of Aug. 13:

“CNN earned a top 10 ranking in total viewers this past week, both in prime time (No. 8) and total day (No. 6). The network’s 1.01 million total viewer average in prime time is -23 percent vs. the same week last year, and its 686,000 total day viewer average is -24 percent vs. last year.”

CNN finished ahead of MSNBC in the key A25-54 demo, both in prime time (331,000 vs. 314,000) and total day (198,000 vs. 180,000).”

Fox News Channel #1:

“FNC also finished No. 1 across basic cable in total prime time viewers for the 12th straight week. Its 2.3 million total viewer average in the daypart is +12 percent vs. the same week last year.

Fox News also defeated CNN and MSNBC in A25-54, both in prime time (423,000 vs. 331,000 vs. 314,000) and across the total day (255,000 vs. 198,000 vs. 180,000).”

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

The above ought to make Smoking Man very happy. The MAGA cohort growing in viewership vs. that of outraged lefty’s (have they retreated to their “safe spaces” instead?).

There is now a “Blue Church” classification of left leaning MSM since they are perceived to be not credible as news sources. Gaining traction with those that seek reason.

The truth in news disenfranchised are turning to the “IDW”. YouTube the main purveyor of this. For example, righty enfant terrible Patrick Joseph Watson has a YouTube subscription base greater than that of MSNBC or CNN at 1.3 million.

Dark days for US Left MSM indeed (Blue Church).

I suppose people get fed up with non-stop negativity.

I have all 4 in my “Entertainment” bookmarks folder in Chrome (incl. PJW).

GreaterFool is in my “News” bookmarks folder.

Something good to say about balance, wit, humor and altruistic good and timely financial advice (and the odd dig, deletion and quirky Commenter…Smoking Man, HHCE & many others).

#62 Smoking Man on 08.24.18 at 11:49 pm

Definition of Libralism..

Long live the pure individualist.

Now the libess what to ban staws? See it’s all about power for these Jelousoids. , forcing their will on the productive and creative.

Their problem? Some disgruntled teacher who wanted a Lear Jet but don’t have the mental capacity to figure out how to get one, taught the young virgin minds, money is evil..

It’s not evil.. It represents the power to tell the teachers, you are all dumb ass fools.. Never made a bet.. Giving your soul to the machine because that’s all you know. Hoping it protects you.

Money is good, get as much of it as you can…

Last thing and the most degrading thing you can do in your life is to become an angry and jealous teet sucking teacher.

I’m smoking man and I can do what I want. When I want.

Skipped many classes… It saved my soul….

#63 Ponzius Pilatus on 08.24.18 at 11:51 pm

Aretha Franklin. No will.
Oh my god.
What a travesty.
Why do survivors think they have a god given right to a will.
Do not leech off your parents.
Happy litigating.

#64 Steve French on 08.24.18 at 11:51 pm

Found this online…. what say you to this, Smoking Man?

‘Hopefully the new standing politburo of China will focus on the Marxist theory of ‘overproduction’. As they should be aware capitalism produces not to meet human needs first & foremost, but to make a profit. It produces commodities to sell for more money than initially spent purchasing the required inputs.

Money, at its core, is nothing more than that special commodity that acts as the universal equivalent. In otherwords, one particular commodity becomes the measure of value of all other commodities. Gold & silver have traditionally played the role of commodity money. There isn’t just commodity money though; there’s also token money & credit money. Today’s notes & coins are token money, as are Bitcoins, & credit cards are the most obvious form of credit money. But to have a firm grasp on the nature of commodity production, let’s leave token & credit money to one side for the moment. If we imagine a world where money consists only of gold coins, we can see that all commodities can be measured in terms of their value by the amount of gold coins they exchange for. The more gold coins a commodity sells for the higher its price. We can also say the higher its value. Exchange value is then amounts of gold, measured in coins of certain weights. As Marx explained, these prices that take the form of weights of gold, are the expression of abstract ‘socially necessary’ labour time. That is, behind exchange value lies labour values. The market is nothing more than the allocation of a finite amount of labour time.

The reason weights of gold have traditionally taken on the role of measuring the (exchange) value of commodities is because it takes a finite amount of labour time to produce a given weight of gold. Indeed, it takes a great deal of labour time to produce relatively small weights. This is why, even today & despite speculation, gold has acted as a good measure of labour time…of value.

In a capitalist economy that consists of just gold coins it is hard for production to get too far ahead of the market; where we see the ‘market’ as the aggregate amount of money that can be used to purchase commodities. What we can see clearly though is that there is one commodity that is different to all the others. The production of this money commodity can have implications for commodity production & so capitalism, in general.

Once we introduce the other forms of money, token & credit, things change; we get the possibility, even inevitability, of production getting ahead of the ‘market’. This is because money’s link with labour values can become distorted, even broken. By issuing excessive amounts of token or credit money, aggregate prices can now exceed aggregate values. More can be produced & sold at prices that exceed total labour value. People & organisations are not paying with commodity money, gold coins, that already embody an amount of labour time, but paying effectively with future labour time, labour time that may not be realised. This means production gets ahead of the market.

This is overproduction: the overproduction of commodities relative to the money commodity. As more & more credit money is created & debts build up nothing appears to be wrong at the surface level of appearance, quite the contrary as recorded profit rates are good, output is increasing, employment is on the up; we have a boom. What could possibly go wrong?

Well eventually debt saturation is reached, money lenders (finance capital) start to worry that they are over-leveraged & may not get all their money back. There’s a credit-crunch (the ‘Minsky Moment’) as they stop lending to one another, this leads to a financial crisis, which eventually leads to an economic crisis as people & organisations default.

The chain of credit breaks & bankruptcy leads to other bankruptcies. A large amount of the debt (credit money) has to be simply written-off. The law of value gets restored & aggregate prices get brought back into line with aggregate values, before the whole merry-go-round takes off again.

Marx understood overproduction because he understood the basic commodity nature of production. Marx understood that there was a limit imposed on the amount of token money that could be created without inflation taking off & even threatening the stability of currency.

Keynes & Friedman, not understanding labour values, thought that a fiat money regime could release capitalism from the constraint of gold. They fell into Say’s Law by thinking that it was merely enough to ensure adequate amounts of token money (aggregate demand) were produced to buy whatever amount is supplied to the market. They were unable to comprehend that leverage (credit money/debt) would cause aggregate prices to exceed aggregate values & that this would inevitably lead to a crisis.

As much as they can exercise some degree of control over token money created, the state authorities are unable to control the creation of credit, as much as they may try to legislate it, e.g. reserve asset & capital ratios. The history of finance capital shows how inventive (swindling) they can be; just look at today’s derivatives market. This is the context of overproduction through which we must see the historically significant event of the fiat money regime initiated in 1971.

It allows us to understand the rise of financialisation & the accompanying neo-liberal agenda of free-movement of capital & the plundering of state assets through privatisations. The rise of finance capital is predicated on credit money & the denial of the crisis of overproduction.

Just how much the events that led up to Nixon’s break with gold were also tied up with falling rates of profit is up for debate. Just as the rise of China & the collapse of the Soviet Bloc has most probably increased the rate of exploitation & therefore supported/restored underlying rates of profit.

What is important is the theory of overproduction & how through so-called ‘quantitative-easing’ (printing money) the various states around the world have only extended the crisis of overproduction; more debt to help pay the debts. Just as the adherents of neo-liberalism like to talk about market forces, the most powerful market force of them all, the law of value, is soon to bring their whole world crashing down.

The Communist Party of China will need to deal with this. It won’t be easy.’

#65 Re 30. All time lurker on 08.24.18 at 11:53 pm

I’m sorry I said those horrible things.
I’m going to quit this blog and deal with my problems by seeing a doctor or something.

Good buy greater fool.

Over and out.

#66 waiting on the westcoast on 08.25.18 at 12:42 am

24 Victoria – 53% Price Cut on 08.24.18 at 7:30 pm
“68 Government Street, Victoria Was 1.7M, now 849K. Listing Price Change: – $950,000.00 -53% Don’t worry about it. Only 950K change.”

As much as I would like this to be true… the price differential is due to the seller including the new build house at the higher price point.

#67 Smoking Man on 08.25.18 at 12:53 am

Destany.

#68 Where's The Money Greedo? on 08.25.18 at 1:36 am

Re: #23 Meanwhile in Vancouver on 08.24.18 at 7:13 pm

This smells heavily of corruption.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Shocking!!!!!!
How do we proceed via gov’t/police investigation?
Links to story?
This smells of the BC Liberals/Coquitlam municipality conspiring to sell land on Burke Mountain in North Coquitlam for $43 million below assessment.
Corruption abounds in the land of BC insiders.
Just heard today from a former Port Coquitlam neighbor that Coquitlam mayor Richard Stewart was involved in the Burke Mountain giveaway, had not heard that prior.
“The Liberals must have known they were unloading the 14 parcels for $43 million less than they were worth. When they signed off on the sale in February 2014, they had in hand the appraiser’s report putting the value at $128 million.”
“In blowing the whistle on the sale to the legislature in the spring of 2015, the then NDP Opposition noted that the company’s billionaire founder and chair, Hassan Khosrowshali, was a major donor to the B.C. Liberals.”
“At the time the Liberals defended the sale, ignoring the independent appraisal (which they had tried to keep secret) and highlighting how the selling price was $1 million over the assessed value of the properties for tax purposes. (As if assessed value were a reliable measure of what lands should fetch in the B.C. real estate market.)
“Wesbild at the time put out a statement that it had paid “fair market value for the land” and “we fully stand behind the integrity of this transaction.”

The auditor general’s report did address the possibility of serious wrongdoing in the case.”
How is that not corrupt? Somebody should be in jail!
Incompetence my ass! Corrupt as the day is long.

#69 Lolo on 08.25.18 at 2:39 am

I have a question. If the remaining parent has a joint account with one of two children and dies without a will, would the account go directly in full to the son who was joint (the daughter was estranged from the family for many years)? This actually happened to a family I know and the lawyer said the account has to be split between the siblings. Province is BC, if it makes any difference.

Anyways, the take away is, do not die without a will.

#70 ts on 08.25.18 at 7:16 am

Welcome back HHCE! I think they already exist – comfree and property guys look pretty decent in replacing real estate agents – I mean shysters.

#71 dharma bum on 08.25.18 at 8:25 am

“Speaking of which… blog dog Paul was driving to his inlaws’ place near Foleyet (where the hell is that?).”
——————————————————————–

Foleyet is located just about where Ontario runs out of road, and runs into redneck.

The only people living in Foleyet are hookers and hockey players.

My mother plays right wing.

#72 akashic record on 08.25.18 at 8:29 am

So this is a honeypot.

Camouflaged as cowboy-operated anti-establishment financial blog, set up with the cover story of fake expulsion from politics, the mystery position the PM promised as a reward for running the tax bureau.

The TFSA attributed to a single guy story was a usual trust establishing move to build the deep cover with real-time hotline to the four-letter agency. We are Canada, we always have one bigger than the US.

Nice. Have a good weekend, enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.

#73 Pink Snow in Markham on 08.25.18 at 9:03 am

86 EVERSHOT CRES, Markham, Ontario asking $$849,900 (August, 25, 2018)

This guy bought it at $1.05 million on April 09, 2017.

Flip failed!

#74 MF on 08.25.18 at 9:22 am

40 Canopy Growth on 08.24.18 at 8:43 pm

No, we’re not.

Legalizing it was a political ploy to get drug addicts to vote Liberal. Nothing more.

Nortel had a massive market cap at one point and look at them, and all their investors now.

The companies are garbage, the whole idea is garbage, and anyone who invests in them is usually are drug addict, speculator, naive, or all of the above.

Hoping they crash to zero at some point (seriously).

MF

#75 IHCTD9 on 08.25.18 at 10:14 am

#61 Dolce Vita on 08.24.18 at 11:45 pm

Dark days for US Left MSM indeed (Blue Church)
————————

I think when folks get older, it’s just too much trouble sifting through all the bull$hit trying to find something interesting to read. Most of the time, the click bait ads on the bottom of the page have more appeal than the headlines do. Eventually you end up like me, not giving a rip anymore, and flat out abandoning a particular network.

Way too many folks that let politics in the door sufficiently to affect their relationships with real people, in real life. Sad to see, I won’t be joining their ranks.

CNN and like minded media groups are definitely no friend to the Democrats.

#76 Steve French on 08.25.18 at 10:18 am

#58 Ace Goodheart:

Great post….

SteveO

#77 TurnerNation on 08.25.18 at 10:22 am

What the future might herald as the global agenda advances: Former Toronto city planner Jen K always was about “Densification”, and now makes a bid to run against King Ford.
She talks new and more taxes for “infrastructure”. What about the taxes we pay now? How many tens of thousands of condo units, newly minted come online each year. Each should be good for $2500/yr in fresh taxes. Plus 10-15% of a condo project goes toward development fees. To where is this money going?

If you live in a nice area here’s how “densification” may affect you: they build homeless shelters, public housing and safe infection sites [sics], a real boon to neighbourhood drug dealers. It’s inclusivity you see. Your home and person will no longer be safe in this warzone of social dysfunction.

– The Globe and Mail is laughably going along with this. Spent 15 seconds flipping through it, articles how the right male is so bad! Such privilige.
How being self suffficient and raising, eating animals is “an abomination to the planet and health”. Gee how have humans survived all these years?

The goal is getting us off our land and eating plants: all sprayed with Monsonto gene-altering cancer spray. Life in a tax slave farm, you see, the farmer controls our food supply and breeding.

The amount of private funds flowing into the VEgan agenda is staggering. New polls popping up results on TV all over, who pays for these? An entire city block taken over?
Normalize normalize. Monkey see monkey do.

#78 Millennial Realist on 08.25.18 at 10:24 am

Interesting listening to CBC radio news a few minutes ago – they talked about you, Garth!

Some conservative hack’s voice is quoted as saying that Maxime will be a failure in the same way that “Garth Turner was a failure”, i.e. in trying to create a new movement outside the conservative party.

Sheesh, Garth – have you stopped contributing to Stephen Harper’s retirement gofundme campaign? Somebody there doesn’t like you!

In reality though, I do think Maxime is going to get huge traction with neocon closet racists and assorted numbskulls all around us, including in the comments section here.

Trump, Ford Nation, and now Maxime. The connection is very clear.

This will provided a fractured opposition and clear pathway for at least a generation of Liberal and NDP/Green governments across Canada.

GOD BLESS MAXIME!

#79 Trumpocalypse2018 on 08.25.18 at 11:15 am

58 – Ace Goodheart said

Predictions for the Trumpocalypse:

He will:

(a) Fire Mueller

(b) Pardon Manafort.

————————————————————-

You forgot (c), (d) and (e).

Trump will need major distractions when he does (a) and (b).

Hint: WAR is one of them, and we are now in the time of year when historically wars are most likely to start.

This will start in a limited way, but will quickly spiral out of control in the most horrific way.

Everyone needs an isolated escape location far from major centres, and soon. There may be no new food available from November to June. Stock up now.

PREPARE.

#80 Smoking Man on 08.25.18 at 11:17 am

Sadly these things are teaching you’re kids.

#81 KLNR on 08.25.18 at 11:24 am

#39 Ronaldo
Fox News Channel #1:

______________________________

Thats amusing considering fox “news” isn’t even a news channel. they didn’t qualify under US laws as a news channel. they’re considered entertainment. basically they are the right wang version of the daily show.
Americas got talent probably beat fox “news” for ratings

Poor america, getting their “news” from entertainment channels.

#82 Cory on 08.25.18 at 11:24 am

#58 Ace Goodheart

You’re a 100% right Ace. Well said!!!!

I’m shocked every day with what’s happening in the States in regards to Trump.

#83 Barb on 08.25.18 at 11:50 am

“…and principal residences can be passed along tax-free to anyone.”

———————————————————-

OK but what if I want to put my husband back onto the land title (without either of us dying).

Here in B.C., I’m told by our notary that my husband can “buy” (pay tax) for his half interest in our primary residence.

We had removed his name from the title many years ago to protect us when he bought a business.

Now that the business is sold and he has retired, I’m stunned to discover I can’t just put his name back on the land title to our long-term residence.

Doesn’t seem fair.

#84 TurnerNation on 08.25.18 at 11:51 am

From the They-control-both-sides dept. A few comments mention him.
I said this from Day 1. Take a look at Scheer’s photos. Do you see a serious, shot at all? It’s his Game face. It’s all a game.

#85 Steve French on 08.25.18 at 12:06 pm

Yo Smokey:

Looks like the noose is tightening on ole Donny Boy and Junior…

Starting to squirm yet?

aaaaaaahahahahahahaahah….

“THEY’RE SQUEEZING DON JR. RIGHT NOW”: AS THE MUELLER SIEGE TIGHTENS, TRUMP’S TWITTER RAGE CRESTS”

White House counsel Don McGahn’s interviews with Mueller have rattled Trump to his core. “Total meltdown,” one outside adviser said of his mood, while a Republican ally described him as “extremely frustrated.”

#86 Cory on 08.25.18 at 12:10 pm

I think Trump will pull the plug on Mueller this week. He will say that he crossed the red line by giving the Trump CEO immunity from prosecution. Trump will use this excuse to fire him and say that Mueller is not sticking to the Russia probe but now trying to find financial dirt to bring him down (and we know there is a lot of dirt to be found)in this massive witch hunt.

#87 Bytor the Snow Dog on 08.25.18 at 12:29 pm

#75 IHCTD9 on 08.25.18 at 10:14 am sez:

“You got that right on the money. There was a time when left wing media was pretty close to centre, and was a fairly balanced and reasonable weighting opposite of the right wing rags. Now, especially in the USA; it is just a straight up echo chamber, full of hatred, one topic 24/7.”
——————————————————
The Lame Stream Media has only one job: To pump up the fear.

Fear of sexists and misogynists.
Fear of racists.
Fear of Muslims.
Fear of Immigration.
Fear of the Religious Right.
Fear of men.
Fear of rapists.
Fear of violent crime.
Fear of Trump.
Fear of Losing your Government handouts.

And the Big One: Fear of Being Offended.

Who “fixes” all of these fears? Big Daddy Government.

#88 Long-Time Lurker on 08.25.18 at 1:02 pm

Did I miss my own hate mail? Late again!

#89 Ronaldo on 08.25.18 at 1:06 pm

82 Cory on 08.25.18 at 11:24 am
#58 Ace Goodheart

You’re a 100% right Ace. Well said!!!!

I’m shocked every day with what’s happening in the States in regards to Trump.
————————————————————-
Very shocking indeed.

#90 re., MF on 08.25.18 at 1:13 pm

………

lol

you are quite ignorant on the topic, as unfortunately many are

#91 Fish on 08.25.18 at 1:18 pm

Change for a nickle? never mind , how about a wooden nickel?

#92 ww1 on 08.25.18 at 1:24 pm

3 Barb on 08.25.18 at 11:50 am

Doesn’t seem fair.
============================

You took a legal shelter approach and lived worry free.

Now you want to have had that at no cost?

Next you will want a refund on all the years you paid for life insurance?

#93 Ronaldo on 08.25.18 at 1:41 pm

#91 Fish on 08.25.18 at 1:18 pm
Change for a nickle? never mind , how about a wooden nickel?
—————————————————————–
I’ll accept a plugged nickle.

#94 Suburban Guy on 08.25.18 at 1:46 pm

A million dollar estate. Nothing special these days. Why would anyone give 50 big ones to a lawyer or some friend to be an executor. Have you seen a lawyer ever deal with an Estate. They call in an auctioneer which takes a huge bite and the rest goes in a dumpster. A lot of family memorabilia and family tree info is lost. When someone doesn’t have a vested interest, their only motive is to get it done as quickly as possible.–and collect the money. I’ve seen it.
As for hiring a lawyer to “Probate” the Will.. Fill in the papers yourself and take it to the government court house/registry office or wherever. Most job applications are more difficult to complete.
Stupid is as stupid does.

You’d know. – Garth

#95 Fish on 08.25.18 at 2:27 pm

Home-sales data ruling a boon for new entrants
RACHELLE YOUNGLAI
PUBLISHED AUGUST 23, 2018
UPDATED 1 DAY AGO

#96 IHCTD9 on 08.25.18 at 2:43 pm

#78 Millennial Realist on 08.25.18 at 10:24 am

GOD BLESS MAXIME!
———————

I doubt Max will get far with every other party in the country ripping him a new one.

But let’s say he did gain a following and split the right which lead to 3-4 Trudeau style “Liberal” majorities in a row.

This would actually be the best of all outcomes for a Neandercon knuckle dragger like me. I estimate two more majority rounds of any sponge brained blockhead like Trudeau would be enough to thoroughly destroy our economy.

NAFTA would be dead as a door nail while the EU and Mexico carry on trading with the USA. Trudeau’s insistence on gender and climate change concessions will have lead to US Tariffs on basically everything, putting hundreds of thousands of Canadians out of work. Foreign trade would be cut in half thanks to all the sanctimonious finger wagging at countries that don’t live exactly like we do, and a general overall inability of our Federal agencies to keep their pie holes shut when they obviously should.

All that in turn would reduce immigration into Canada as work opportunities for newcomers start maxing out at cab driving and burger flipping. Taxes and debt will rise exponentially as revenues dive alongside steadily plunging economic activity, faltering population growth, and wilted consumer spending. It won’t actually take a whole lot more financial pain to get new Canadians dragging out their suitcases, as up to 40% already do just that within 10 years of coming here.

10 more years of what we’ve had since 2015 would definitely do it.

From there, the choices we’ve had in the past will be off the table. External forces will dictate our path forward. Austerity for decades will be non negotiable. It will make folks think once again about what priorities are most important.

Human nature has always been to stay the course until the pain of changing is less than the pain of carrying on in the same fashion as always. All that we need is to get to that point.

Trudeau style “leadership” is absolutely the fastest way.

#97 Building galore. Still hot? on 08.25.18 at 3:03 pm

Tonnes of building going on in Vancouver. This site doesn’t even list them all. Developers still think market is hot.

#98 Smoking Man on 08.25.18 at 3:07 pm

85 Steve French on 08.25.18 at 12:06 pm
Yo Smokey:

Looks like the noose is tightening on ole Donny Boy and Junior…

Starting to squirm yet?

aaaaaaahahahahahahaahah….

Muller wants to get fired before midtetms, that will set in motion huge protests in lefty cities. Antifa will go scorched earth. Trump showing great restraint here. No matter the out come of the mid terms. Sessions , Muller, head of fbi. Fired. Then whether its trump not pence the justice dept and fbi get new leadership.

Then Muller Hillary and the swap go to slammer. Good old boys and bikers smash the shit out of Antifa. George Soros flees the USA..

#99 Can You Dig It? on 08.25.18 at 3:09 pm

Go ahead Bill, don’t listen to Garth!

Pull the God damn twigger!

In several years, your “800k” house will be worth its true price (320k) and you’ll be left with a $1.1m mortgage on a POS worth $480k.

I dig that.

#100 Stan Brooks on 08.25.18 at 3:20 pm

The speed at which a society collapses is directly proportional to the amount of bullshit propagated prior
to the collapse.

Stan Brooks

#101 Shawn Allen on 08.25.18 at 3:22 pm

Trump Witch Hunt?

Number 86 Cory opines:

**************************************
Questions: Is it okay to have a witch hunt if it is acknowledged that witches are present? (dirt)?

Was Mueller’s mandate EVER restricted tot eh Russian probe? Apparently it was not and he is free to investigate any and all crimes he comes across.

2016 was a weird election in which it seemed both candidates might just as easy end up in jail as in the White House. Trump especially could be jailed for various frauds including charity fraud, Trump University fraud, sex crimes, tax evasion crimes and maybe even Russia collusion (Did he not say in the debates something like Russia if you are listening please find the 30,000 missing emails?).

#102 Pete on 08.25.18 at 3:22 pm

MF on 08.25.18 at 9:22 am
40 Canopy Growth on 08.24.18 at 8:43 pm

No, we’re not.

___________________________

What does that say about Your buddy Ford who will allow the current illegal grow op growers to get a private licence as long as you can come up with the over $50-100k for lawyer/consultant fees and you can get a licence to sell MJ. Alot of them are already in the process . I am sure Ford and his shell companies will be getting a license to sell MJ. I hope I can get in on this racket but not sure I will make the 1/500 licences cut. Ford for the people! Bahahahahahaha what fantasy world do people live in? Btw I dont smoke MJ anymore drunk alcohol is by far the worst of the two. Alcohol should be illegal Especially the beer. Most beer drinkers are bums

#103 Stan Brooks on 08.25.18 at 3:26 pm

#75 IHCTD9 on 08.25.18 at 10:14 am

Leftist media including CBS is propaganda press-titude machine (paid press serving as prostitutes to the highest bidder). Wild Bill ‘gave’ them 1 billion from our tax money and they go out of their way to defend an exceptionally stupid and corrupted government.

I apologize to the prostitutes for comparing them with the leftist media, there is much more dignity and less harm in what a prostitute is doing.

Democracy, my behind.

#104 Canadian Singh on 08.25.18 at 3:48 pm

I just wanted to express my love and support for Maxime Barnier. Diversity is a weakness, unity is a strength, Canada has an identity and unique values and we as Canadians need to protect it, from third world populations that come here and have no respect for it. I am a second generation Canadian from East Indian Sikh parents and european Canadians don’t realize how irrational and backwards the vast majority of populations in the third world are. Merit based immigration is a good way of bringing in sane people in and keeping out the braindead, but standards should be very high.

#105 Ace Goodheart on 08.25.18 at 4:25 pm

RE: #89 Ronaldo on 08.25.18 at 1:06 pm:

I see the Donald is taking some tips from his buddy “Chairman Kim’s” play book.

That is a propaganda web site if I have ever seen one.

#106 Ace Goodheart on 08.25.18 at 4:41 pm

Re: #79 Trumpocalypse2018 on 08.25.18 at 11:15 am

“You forgot (c), (d) and (e).

Trump will need major distractions when he does (a) and (b).

PREPARE.”

Trump is not predictable when it comes to starting wars. Most “war presidents” the USA has had, have been very easy to predict in terms of what wars they will start, why, and where.

Trump is different. Everyone thought he would start a war with North Korea. Instead, he goes over to South East Asia (Singapore summit) meets with “Chairman Kim”, makes friends with him, tries to sell him on real estate deals for his beaches, and then turns against a long time US ally, South Korea.

The most hated country on the “Trump” list right now is probably Canada, where our left leaning PM embarrassed “The Donald” at a summit full of women, whom he was probably trying to look dashing in front of and likely was interested in bedding at least a few of them. He learned from his airplane that T2 had made him look like a fool, and declared “trade war” on Canada. He has not been back here since.

He’s a weird man, the Trumpster. He has a lot of international experience, which is something that many US “war presidents” did not have (Baby Bush, for example, reportedly had never lived anywhere outside of the USA at the time he decided to conduct his “war of errors”). His father was equally unschooled in international travel and living.

Trump on the other hand, could best be described as an international gangster. He has links with many of the world’s most sketchy rich people and has been around the planet and slept with quite a few women while he was at it.

Trump is an international bad boy, and international bad boys always develop a soft spot for international causes. He will not easily invade or start war with the third world (like US presidents often like to do) and it is unlikely he will even want to fight a battle with the second world.

Trump hates the First World. The place he lives, its media, its justice system, its organizational structures and hierarchies. He hates us, our fake socialism and our armchair bleeding heart moments.

Trump is not likely to start a war, unless he decides that he got “cockblocked” at the summit in Quebec and goes after T2 for revenge.

#107 Boombust on 08.25.18 at 7:45 pm

#106 Ace Goodheart

If you Google the “Hare Psychopathy Checklist”, the descriptors describe Trump to a “T”.

He is a psychopath/sociopath in the truest sense of the word and that would explain his behaviours.

#108 Remembrancer on 08.25.18 at 7:57 pm

#71 dharma bum on 08.25.18 at 8:25 am

While giving Foleyet, hockey players and hookers their due, redneck in Ontario starts way further down in the south…

#109 Remembrancer on 08.25.18 at 9:38 pm

#106 Ace Goodheart on 08.25.18 at 4:41 pm

—————————————————————–

With Canada, really?

Not sure how NATO Article 5 deals with one member attacking another, but regardless, good luck occupying a 10M sq KM area of mixed urban, grass plains, heavy forest, arctic, coastal and mountain terrain along a 9K KM frontier with even a small fraction of population resisting…

#110 Ace Goodheart on 08.25.18 at 11:17 pm

Re: #109 Remembrancer on 08.25.18 at 9:38 pm

I don’t think Trumpster’s going to attack us. I think his plan is to ignore us while economically crushing us.

And that might just work….

#111 NJam101 on 08.28.18 at 4:57 pm

FYI: Foleyet is a village in an unorganized township. It votes heavily NDP in every provincial and federal election. I don’t know the reason for the “Ford Nation” house and am wondering if it is simply a joke. Being pro-conservative is generally not well received in Northern Ontario.